NSW MANILDRA, Showground Camping

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Info: Manildra is east of Parkes and west of Molong, about 30 min.. The showground is on the edge of town and is very well set up for camping, in fact one of the best weve visited.

Pool: In Town

Cabins: No

WiFi: No

Mobile/TV: Phone reception isn't great for Telstra but managed reasonable internet with aerial on van... I forgot to check on FTA TV coverage....

Facitities: Dump point, laundry $3, showers and toilets, new and immaculate, nice kitchen and barbeque, best we've seen and puts many Showgrounds and Parks to shame, flat sites with power and water or unpowered........ at time OCT23 powered $20 unpowered $15.

Comments: Great town, good meals at pub and really friendly people, and a nice ine up of shops with small supermarket that covers most needs..... Manildra Flour Mills ..... Handy to visit Parkes, Molong, Yeoval and Orange, the setting more than makes up for the drive and being crammed in a van park........

IMG_20231019_174614_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231019_184021_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It's going to be a regular stop on our Canberra runs, handy location.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I love the fact that you do not stick to the major highways but take the lesser used roads.
Mate, the main highways are for people in a hurry, I'm not and then when I am I stay away from them as not always quicker and the fuel prices away from the majors is often cheaper, besides the other roads are often in better condition, less traffic by miles ... The Wimmerra area isn't that far from you and has some great spots to visit and camp at, little towns like Hopeton, Nhill, Rainbow and Lake Boga great spots, along with many more off the majors................

Reactions: Hitting the road