Exterior Mains water

Roadhouse

Mar 12, 2019
Lake Macquarie
Hey all - saw a post about something similar but can’t find it now.

Attached my van to the mains hose at home and all good - seemed to be working fine.

Now at the van park and attached to mains hose and all good last night but noticed this morning that water is coming out of the tank filler necks.

Something about the NRV or something? Attached a pic showing where it’s coming from (filler necks either side of attached hose).

Attachments

• 362C9E62-757C-4F85-938E-6DA6FA26ADD1.jpeg
    362C9E62-757C-4F85-938E-6DA6FA26ADD1.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 218

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
NRV on pump has got some crap in it letting water into tanks which overflow out fillers. Try running pump to flush, if lucky it may fix it otherwise add a john guest nrv in line between pump and tank valve.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Mar 12, 2019
Lake Macquarie
NRV on pump has got some crap in it letting water into tanks which overflow out fillers. Try running pump to flush, if lucky it may fix it otherwise add a john guest nrv in line between pump and tank valve.
Ta.

Question - is there an auto valve that makes the van use mains if a hose plugged in and use tanks if no mains pressure? Presume all happens itself as have water with no mains connected. Interested to learn how it works...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ta.

Question - is there an auto valve that makes the van use mains if a hose plugged in and use tanks if no mains pressure? Presume all happens itself as have water with no mains connected. Interested to learn how it works...
No valve, Jayco isnt that sophisticated, just a pump switch. If you leave the pump switched on whilst connected to mains, your output is a mix of both. Only turn the pump on when the tanks are full and your not connected to mains. The toilet pump works independantly from the switch.

Roadhouse

Mar 12, 2019
Lake Macquarie
I see... I’m guessing my hooking of mains and having 12v pump on at same time is causing this issue. Ah the joys of being a noob!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I see... I’m guessing my hooking of mains and having 12v pump on at same time is causing this issue. Ah the joys of being a noob!
no, not related to have both on together its a common issue which is caused by an issue with the pumps own inbuilt "none return valve" NRV. Dont get Jayco to fix it because it will likely happen again. Its easier and better to future proof it and place an inline NRV on the pressure side of the pump. The pressure plumbing is all John Guest style plastic pipe and fittings, very simple cut, plug and play. Just crack a tap before cutting the pipe to avoid the water spraying out. Happy to grab a pic of whats required, if that would make more sense

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This is the John Guest NRV fitting........................ always handy to have one in spares box along with a joiner, 90deg angle job and a small bit of pipe, pipe colour means nothing just an ID of line, all lines are 140 psi rated....... For everything you wnat to know about fitting the stuff here a great read form my all round favourite online caravan shop .........https://www.caravansplus.com.au/guides/how-to-use-john-guest-push-on-fittings-a-11.html

John Guest NRV
1579045802740.jpeg
expect to pay about $20..... PS: I always make sure my water pump is off when travelling and not needed, saves pumping your tanks out if a tap gets knocked or line breaks.

Reactions: Crusty181

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
That plastic hose inlet is crap i put a hole new one on much better now bypassed that area tank fillers still there but my mains in is in another spot will take pics tomoz for you im sure theres pics somewhere on here

Found it page 22 on my Blueys 2014 1756-2 outback thread

Last edited: