Starcraft Mains water inlet non-return valve on 17.58.3

halbster

May 13, 2014
Does anyone know where I would find the non-return valve on the mains water inlet? Or what it looks like or what to look for? Was running on tank water using the pump on the weekend, but it started to pump the water out through the mains inlet, so assume there is a non return valve in there that is not "valving".

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
image.jpeg
The non return valve is part of the plastic inlet itself.

There is a small Spring loaded valve that can get stuck open.

You can sometimes poke something like a scewer in, or alternately you can disconnect from inside and then a 1/4 turn and it can come out to replace.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    813.9 KB · Views: 1,883
Last edited:

stan george

May 12, 2016
batemans bay nsw
I have had trouble with water pressure in the van when hooked up to mains and I have now hooked the water up to the front tap. I took the tap washer out first and now the pressure is excellent. Has anybody tried this . the mains inlet on the van on the side seems to block up very easily so I tried the front tap. Regs stan

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I have had trouble with water pressure in the van when hooked up to mains and I have now hooked the water up to the front tap. I took the tap washer out first and now the pressure is excellent. Has anybody tried this . the mains inlet on the van on the side seems to block up very easily so I tried the front tap. Regs stan
Bare in mind Stan youll be bypassing your PRV by connecting directly to the drawbar tap.

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I replaced my tank fillers with 12mm click ons. Couldnt see the sense in needing 25mm van pipe to take water from a 12mm hose. Could easily do the same to mains if needed
20160513_070855-resized-1280.jpg
I put an inline JG non return behind the mains filler. We were getting an annoying squealing from the mains fillers non return. Last week i dismantled it jettisoned its internal non return. They are cheap rubbish and more trouble than they are worth anyway

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I replaced my tank fillers with 12mm click ons. Couldnt see the sense in needing 25mm van pipe to take water from a 12mm hose. Could easily do the same to mains if needed
View attachment 41492
I put an inline JG non return behind the mains filler. We were getting an annoying squealing from the mains fillers non return. Last week i dismantled it jettisoned its internal non return. They are cheap rubbish and more trouble than they are worth anyway
I think im going to replace mine with the same .
van looks dirty in that pic by the by way

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I think im going to replace mine with the same .
van looks dirty in that pic by the by way
Damn. Im ashamed now. Shhh, dont tell @Drover

The click on fillers are much better, the only issue is you have to watch it. The escaping air from the breather under pressure is fine, but once water starts appearing under pressure you need to back it of, the tank will otherwise starts expanding and you risk poping hoses and fittings. I still prefer it

megcam

Fixed the same thing the other day. Unscrew the main line from the inside & quater turn on the fitting and it comes out. The plunger on mine had disconnected from the locking ring and the spring had no effect on the plunger. As soon as there was pressure in the system the plunger closed and cut off the water. I just pulled the plunger out. Fotunately Jayco had put in a John Guest joiner just inside the cupboard and I replaced this with a John Guest Check Valve like this: Capture.JPG .

It was about $25 from local caravan parts shop. All done.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you can get some more pipe @megcam and run it from your inlet to under the floor and fit your valve there , one less join inside is always good. I moved my pump to underneath and that removed nearly 19 possible leak points from inside the van.

Reactions: Bellbirdweb