Maccayak's 16-49-4 On Order

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Well the van has finally been ordered. We wanted it for around the September school holidays and a reminder to the dealer prompted them to get it in the system. I dont think we will make it for then but we will see what happens. They said mid August.

Since putting a deposit down in March I decided on a few extras. I was originally happy to get a swan, but my wife was secretly planning to get the expanda. She won!

I think it will be a good starter van, no as many accessories as Paul Costa but enough to keep us happy.

Expanda 16-49-4 with;
Privacy Screens, Starter kit, A/C, Awning, larger fridge. (that was March)

Then we added;
Drop down jacks, Dinette Converter, extra gas bottle, external table, extra power points inside under tables and extended draw bar.

I will add bayonets and a few other things later.

Cheers Geoff

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Nice Order Mate - Well Done :)

Good desicion going for the expanda over swan to - We bought a new Ouback Swan late 2010 Sold it and Bought an expanda in 2012 Thankfully resale value on jayco's is good so didnt loose much money in the process.

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
Good descision Macca, wish I went straight to an expanda rather than getting a camp trailer first. I pick my 16.49.4 up at the same time, if you bought it from Page Bros might see you there.

Greg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Good descision Macca, wish I went straight to an expanda rather than getting a camp trailer first. I pick my 16.49.4 up at the same time, if you bought it from Page Bros might see you there.

Greg

Bought it from Ballarat, although I do live on the M'ton Peninsula.

With the big fridge it will be cozy, not much space left but it suits us.

Geoff

May 2, 2012
Outer East of Melbourne
Have you completed the final sign off. I have also ordered a 16.49.4 but not completed sign off yet. I am not in a big hurry to get it but did they give you an idea of when the next run date it expected. As far as i know the current or next run for already signed off vans is due late August. They were trying to push mine through early to fill the run.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yes the final sign off was done. I don't know when the run is but the paper work had to be in by Monday and the dealer was keen to have it all in. I was not in a hurry, but we thought it would be nice to have it by September holidays, then we could get in a few small practice trips before the xmas holidays.