light switches

JAS095

Aug 26, 2012
hi there am i correct in assuming that all of the light switches are fed by 12v and that this means that i could pick up from the live side of the switch for additional light power or for a car stereo. I as as i want to add a strip leed outside and was thinking that it wouild be good if i was able have it on a separate switch, hoping that i may be able to pull in a new wire using the existing wire to the out side light to pull in a draw wire and pull back the orignial and a second wire ????? and the car stereo will go next to the switch near the door that is for the main lights in the van.

can any one help with comfriming this and has anyone tried pulling in a net wire like this ?????

Regards
Jason

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Jason
I removed the switch for the outside light and replaced it with a two gang switch and used one for original light and one for the LED Strip that I installed. Drilled a hole directly above the switch and poked a stiff piece of wire down to the hole and then pulled the wire down with that
IMG_0548.jpg
as for the Car stereo maybe just be aware that if it has a built in amplifier it may draw too much current for the circuit you hook it into maybe one of the Auto Sparkies on the site could set you straight on that one. In saying that I hooked mine into one of the circuits that has the 12v Ciggie plug on it and havent had any trouble
Cheers Grant