Leaking bed end roof hingline

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Hi all,

Packing up the 16-49-3b the other day after a night of light rain revealed the hinge line between the hard lid and van body above the bed end canvas is leaking. Went to collapse th canvas and copped a lapfull of water.

Anyone else had this issue, any ideas on a fix or is it back to jayco for warranty jobbie?

Cheers
Mike

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hi Mike,

We had that trouble when the van was first new! Jayco Canberra removed the door and resealed both sides of the hinge. We have been in heaps of rain since & I have had very little water pooling on top of the tent section since.

Shaun

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day Big Gee, thanks for your first post and welcome to the forum. Post up some pictures of your rig in the 'Member Introductions'. :hippie:

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Thanks Chartrock,

I have been a member for a while. I think this forum is great.

the knowledge & experience is second to none.

I will set up an intro page soon.

Shaun

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
Have had it happen on our first trip but not much since then.
Remember reading previously about the hinges being sorter than the lid and leaking water in
There was mention of putting silocone along from the hinge
let us know we you end up with
Cheers Tony

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I know this reply is a bit late but only joined today, I had the same thing at front bed and sealed top of hinge with a flexible sealer not silicone. Can't remember the name but a marine grade white in colour and available at buntings, no more leaks!