Interior Leak under sink from mains hose

Beefmaster

Apr 14, 2022
Australia
Hi all. Hoping someone can help.

We have a leak under the sink from the mains water inlet, from a black connector/splitter thingy (unsure exactly what it is).

The leak doesn’t appear to be in an area that I can tighten.

I’ve attached a picture and indicated where the leak is occurring from. Any assistance from the brains trust would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CBB3A13E-888C-4DBE-A6A8-F0107A814A57.jpeg
    CBB3A13E-888C-4DBE-A6A8-F0107A814A57.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 162

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
HI,
they look like John Guest push-fit fittings. There is a collar on the fitting which you push in to allow the hose to come away from the fitting.
First check that the hose is firmly pushed into the fitting. If so, the hose needs to be re-terminated. Take the hose off and carefully cut off enough so that the end going into the fitting is smooth and the cut is clean. Push the hose back in.

Here is a video showing how to remove and fit a hose to these fittings.

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Once you have checked out the ends as @mikerezny said, if they have no score marks and are undamaged it might be just that it has pulled out slightly, push the hose all the way in then a slight tug back to lock it in, using a locking clip, which fits in the gap of the slide will hold it in place and stop movement loosening it..... they are at most RV type outlets or ebay or you can make your own....... using a knife like in that Youtube is not a great idea really.

1649970535094.png

Reactions: Beefmaster

Beefmaster

Apr 14, 2022
Australia
HI,
they look like John Guest push-fit fittings. There is a collar on the fitting which you push in to allow the hose to come away from the fitting.
First check that the hose is firmly pushed into the fitting. If so, the hose needs to be re-terminated. Take the hose off and carefully cut off enough so that the end going into the fitting is smooth and the cut is clean. Push the hose back in.

Here is a video showing how to remove and fit a hose to these fittings.

take care
Mike
Thanks Mike. Appreciate the detailed response. I have decoupled the hose and reinserted it. Seems to be be ok now. Big thanks again for your help.

Reactions: mikerezny

Beefmaster

Apr 14, 2022
Australia
Once you have checked out the ends as @mikerezny said, if they have no score marks and are undamaged it might be just that it has pulled out slightly, push the hose all the way in then a slight tug back to lock it in, using a locking clip, which fits in the gap of the slide will hold it in place and stop movement loosening it..... they are at most RV type outlets or ebay or you can make your own....... using a knife like in that Youtube is not a great idea really.

View attachment 68188
Thanks Drover. Will look for one of the locking clips when I’m back in civilization! Appreciate your repo we and assistance!

Reactions: Drover