VIC Lang Lang Caravan Park

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Venue: Lang Lang Caravan Park
Address: Jetty Road, Lang Lang VIC 3984
Phone: (03) 5997 5220
Link: http://turu.com.au/parks/vic/gippsland-victoria/lang-lang-foreshore-caravan-park.aspx
Date Visited: 6/3/15 – 9/3/15 (Labour Day Long Weekend)
Visitors: 2 adults, 3kids
Rate: $40/n

Review:
The Labour Day long weekend saw us take to the other side of the bridge for the first time, and head out to Lang Lang Caravan Park on the way to Phillip Island.

Located on the eastern shore of Western Port, it’s certainly a low frills joint, with a mix of permanents, powered and free sites. We had originally thought we had booked in a powered site, but on arrival found it was an unpowered site halfway along the camp. Managed to fill up the tanks (which I’d previously emptied before hitting the road!) from an onsite tap before rolling onto an awesome spot, next to mates and across from the “beach”.

In the end it turned out to be a great spot, away from the front end of the park, down under the trees and very spacious. I’m not sure if it was more than two sites, but we had oodles of space, for cars, tents, vans, cricket and fire. Other spaces in the park weren’t quite as good but hey, after the poor site at Warrnambool, it’s nice to have the “site karma” work in our favour.

The park itself is very low key, but is friendly and approachable. The front facilities of laundry, toilet and showers is very clean and well maintained. But it’s a very long walk/ride from the back sites, but we were adjacent to basic toilet facilities which helped in the interim. We showered the kids through the van any how, so no big deal.

Price was OK for a long weekend and unpowered site. The three kids once again hurt us, as the base rate was $25 for the night, with $5 for each kid. With the powered sites up the front of the park, I would go unpowered again regardless.

No playground facilities, no jumping pillow, no pool... don’t come here thinking you’ll get newest, latest and greatest. Kids seemed most entertained with the beach (albeit mud flats and quite grainy) and bike riding and walking.

We also did day trips to the Maru Koala Park and fishing at Corinella Pier. All within 15-20min.

The ability to have contained fires made it really high on my list, one of the true features of making you feel you get away from it.

This park was low key and low maintenance. But it had a great friendly feel to it, and given it was a long weekend and were within 1hr of Phillip Island and other local attractions, it was pretty handy. Trevor and Gayle were great hosts and were always around if help was required (which it wasn’t).

Quite simply, I loved this place. It might have been the site, but that’s OK, it’s part of the deal. If we can secure the same site, we’ll be back that’s for sure. And we’ll try and bring some mates! J

Staff: 7/10
Facilities 6/10
Price: 7/10

Overall: 7/10

DSC_0943.JPG DSC_1014.JPG DSC_1054.JPG DSC_1229.JPG IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1904.JPG

Some more pics can be found here also:

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/the-marshians-do-westernport.6753/

Last edited: