QLD Lake Broadwater outside Dalby

JoM

Oct 7, 2012
It was very windy when we came here just after New Years. We stayed for 2 nights. It was nice and peaceful but the wind was driving me crazy. It had 2 toilet blocks. The older one is the first one you come across when you arrive in. BEWARE - DO NOT GO IN THERE. You might find something lying in the shower, where instead it should have been left in the toilet.

I ask myself sometimes why some individual love to leave it on walls, the floor..........

Anyway back to the story - the newer toilet blocks are much nicer in comparison to the old. They were cleaned when we were there. The toilet blocks have hot water for showers. All free (well included in the price anyway). This was much better.

The water was lovely to look at. We went in (putting the pots out). If it wasn't windy but hot and summery - it would have been lovely.
There is no power. I did see some water taps near the building (looks like it hold events there). There are swings for the kids. I would definitely go back there again, because it was quite pretty. Picnic areas, bbq areas.
There are envelopes as you drive in, and an honesty box. When we were there, the caretaker came around in the evening to collect our monies.
Camping fees as at Jan 2014:
Per person (over 5 year of age) $5.60 per night.
Each family - up to 2 adults and children under 18 years up to a total of 8 people $22.40 per night.
Additional persons $5.60 per night.

lake broadwater 10a.jpg lake broadwater 8a.jpg lake broadwater 9a.jpg lake broadwater 7a.jpg lake broadwater 6a.jpg lake broadwater 5a.jpg View attachment 19918 lake broadwater 2a.jpg lake broadwater 1a.jpg lake broadwater 10a.jpg lake broadwater 8a.jpg lake broadwater 9a.jpg lake broadwater 7a.jpg lake broadwater 6a.jpg lake broadwater 5a.jpg View attachment 19918 lake broadwater 2a.jpg lake broadwater 1a.jpg

Last edited:

JoM

Oct 7, 2012
I don't know what is going on, but some images have been duplicated. tried to fix. just ignore the words 'view attachment'.....