Kids Education - On A Big Trip

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
We are planning a trip next year for 6 months......

Way to go @Heidi at, I wouldn't stress at all based on our experiences just enjoy the prep and the trip, if you can get the kids involved in the prep as well, listen to their ideas on places to go and incorporate them into your plans, that way they'll enjoy it even more when it comes to heading off, at least that's what we found, it sort of gave them a bit of ownership in the whole thing if that makes sense.

Dave

Reactions: Heidi at

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Way to go @Heidi at, I wouldn't stress at all based on our experiences just enjoy the prep and the trip, if you can get the kids involved in the prep as well, listen to their ideas on places to go and incorporate them into your plans, that way they'll enjoy it even more when it comes to heading off, at least that's what we found, it sort of gave them a bit of ownership in the whole thing if that makes sense.

Dave

I like that tip Dave. We're a "dual hemisperical" family in that the inlaws are in the UK, and the map of the world has a prominent place in the kids room. Might get a detailed Oz map closer to the date to for them to start looking for places to to choose to go. We've found in the past when we can give the kids a sense of ownership, things are much easier to manage.

Reactions: Heidi at and gwadir

Heidi at

May 15, 2014
Werribee, Victoria
I like that tip Dave. We're a "dual hemisperical" family in that the inlaws are in the UK, and the map of the world has a prominent place in the kids room. Might get a detailed Oz map closer to the date to for them to start looking for places to to choose to go. We've found in the past when we can give the kids a sense of ownership, things are much easier to manage.
Maps are great, we are planning on getting a map of Australia to put up in the lounge that way when anyone in the family see something on a place in Australia that they think is interesting we can highlight that place and then when we do our itinerary the map will be a going starting point for planning.

Reactions: gwadir

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Top idea @Heidi at didn't think about having the map up for that reason, we're always watching shows like What's Up Downunder & Pat Callinan's so that's a really top idea.

Dave