Keys

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi All,
I must admit when i picked up the van i thought Ken had given me 10 sets of keys.
but soon found out that there is a different key for every hatch etc (lucky the lid locks are the same front and back)
Oh Boy

Looking at the keys they are simple numbered keys so the blokes building the things should have probably sorted them before fitting.
I was thinking about getting a locksmith to come and sort them out to hopefully 4 keys (door, toilet and hatches and lids)
but then thought everyone else could be in the same boat
So my question for you ALL

I have hatch/locker keys
B21
B12
E12

Does anyone else out there have 2 of the same and if so want to swap locks and keys (Perth would be heap easier)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi All,
I must admit when i picked up the van i thought Ken had given me 10 sets of keys.
but soon found out that there is a different key for every hatch etc (lucky the lid locks are the same front and back)
Oh Boy

Looking at the keys they are simple numbered keys so the blokes building the things should have probably sorted them before fitting.
I was thinking about getting a locksmith to come and sort them out to hopefully 4 keys (door, toilet and hatches and lids)
but then thought everyone else could be in the same boat
So my question for you ALL

I have hatch/locker keys
B21
B12
E12

Does anyone else out there have 2 of the same and if so want to swap locks and keys (Perth would be heap easier)
Sorry to rub your nose in it, but all my hatches are key alike

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Been meaning to sort out the one key thing but like everything else never got around to it!!!!!
Unfortunately none of ours are the same number @NoWorries :(

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
even the toilet cassette one @Crusty181? Our Toilet/entertainment match. Then we have the front boot. So two keys
Yup .... all the hatch keys match including poo tank, Ent hatch, two front hatches and under bunk hatch. The only odd lock is the hard lid, likely because we swapped the new lid back to the old style.

Last edited:

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Sorry to rehash an old thread but has anyone tried the Camec 1 key fits all option. I would like to try but the locks look longer on the website than on my van (front hatch for example)

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Yes I fitted them (finally) a few months ago.
The pack came with one size for the door, and another for the hatches. They all fit fine. You do need to pull the hatch locks apart since they are a push button latch, but the instructions were good and once I found where I dropped the spring, no problem.
The only exception being I had a spare one and jerry rigged it to the outdoor shower. That one was too long, but the locking tongue could be bent enough to latch well.

Reactions: Vere

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
Yes I fitted them (finally) a few months ago.
The pack came with one size for the door, and another for the hatches. They all fit fine. You do need to pull the hatch locks apart since they are a push button latch, but the instructions were good and once I found where I dropped the spring, no problem.
The only exception being I had a spare one and jerry rigged it to the outdoor shower. That one was too long, but the locking tongue could be bent enough to latch well.

Thanks for feedback. My van is a 2013 and the boot latches are not a push button. There is a tag which you 1/4 turn and lay flat. (not sure best way to describe)

Anyone else got sick of 7+ keys and tried this option???

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
nah, I got the real mixed bag

not one of my locks is the same - so like the front bed door - 2 different locks & 4 keys,
but 1 key will open both locks- go figure
rear bed door the same
and the 2 hatches for the front are samies - different locks

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
If anyone has the key codes above (except the one I sent to BigCol but im not sure of the key num) and has the 2012 type flap style (like Vere)
Im more than happy to give them mine as I have replaced them with shiny new ones that all have the same key.

Reactions: bigcol

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
If anyone has the key codes above (except the one I sent to BigCol but im not sure of the key num) and has the 2012 type flap style (like Vere)
Im more than happy to give them mine as I have replaced them with shiny new ones that all have the same key.

Hey NoWorries, can I please ask what you did to replace them with same key option?

thanks
Vere