14' Series Keeping the dream alive

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hi guys,

Les is my name and I was led to this forum by some existing members who were more then willing to give some great advice, (cruza driver, D4D and Newcastle Knight), and what a great site it is. I must say going over some of the threads is mind boggling as I'm new to the camping experience.
A brief history, I was originally going to buy a camper trailer (customline walkthrough), but the price seemed excessive as not too many options came with it and by the time you add the extras your up for well over 20k. So it is now that my wife and I decided to start to look at a caravan that is good in price and decent in quality, as we have a boy aged 4 and a girl 5months. We love the set up of the Expanda and will more then likely be looking at the 14 foot OB one. If anyone can give me a round about price and the options required to start off, mainly in CP to begin with, with the view to exploring free sites where one has to be self sufficient.
ur budget is around 40k and I have a 07 Territory as a tow vehicle.

Thank you in advance

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I'm sure with $40K you can get a 14 with every single extra!
Best advice I got was to go to more than one dealer, even interstate, and don't bother negotiating until you have all your extras worked out. That way you can negotiate a package price.

Are you going for a shower/toilet model? Might be handy with young children.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Go 16, kids will be bigger b4 you blink. I do not know where you live but the best buys are in Vic' as less transport to get to dealer. I was on this site for a few months and even when I had to sign off I was still unsure of what to finally order. 40K will get you an awesome set up. I do not think you wil come close to spending that much, unless you go for the expensive extras, but don't go over board on a small van. You will learn there are extras you did not even know existed. Keep going over old posts. If you need one b4 xmas then get a hurry on as they can take a few months to get. Check out user Paul Costa, he got nearly every extra going in a 16 Outback for around 42K.

Cheers Geoff

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Thanks guys, can't wait till the sep show in Penrith. Caught my wife reading a Caravan magazine, sooooo happy.

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hey Les
welcome to the forum. We have a 14 and coincidently our tug is an 07 terry as well :) We have two boys 12 and 14 and love our 14 for its compact size.

Thank you Boots. Just out of interest how is the territory on fuel when towing?

May 2, 2012
Outer East of Melbourne
Hi les,

If you are looking to buy new give grant taylor from page bros in seaford vic a call. I just ordered my van from him at an awsome price. If interested PM me and i will let him know you are calling. He should look after you. Def worth getting a price. I agree with previous suggestion, work out exactly what extras you want and get a price on the whole package.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
The 14 series is great! Unbiased opinion of course.

Its a little know fact, that by getting a 14.44-4, you will instantly become more charming, witty, good looking and a hit with the ladies......................:whoo:

Oh and delusional:doh: