18' Series Just about to purchase 2011 18-57.6

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hello everyone

Williamson family here - Mum, Dad, Emily (5) & Lachlan (1.75) from Perth WA

Just about to purchase a 2011 18-57.6 new from a dealer in Victoria, need a little information regarding extra's so i will post in the general section shortly.

We are flying over in December to pick up the new van and buy a second hand Prado in Victoria also. (no competition for Jayco over hear so happy to buy in Victoria)
Parents in law live in Victoria so we will spend Christmas there and then head north on our 6 - 12 month trip around Australia. (subject to budget!!)

Look forward to meeting some of you on the road.

Cheers

Chris

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Welcome aboard Williamson family

Wow thats keen your maiden trip off around OZ, good luck to you, keep us posted on your travels :thumb:

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Thanks Bushman

We've had a 2009 Jayco Eagle for a couple of years and done a few smaller trips but your right big adventure in a new van.

We paid our deposit on the 2011 18-57.6 yesterday so we're on our way come december.

This is the van
Picture 007.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 001.jpg

Thanks

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We have that model in the OB and it's a great van, you and your kids will love it :)
Which dealer in Vic have you gone through? we used Bayswater and found them great.

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Thanks Helen for the info on the air con.
We have payed our deposit on the above van and I found Bayswater to have great service and pricing. (I talked to Prestige, gibbsland and another dealer, also caravanland in Perth)
The bayswater model was on the yard so we had to go with the standard air con.

Reactions: Are We There Yet?

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Well hello again
Paid a deposit on a 100 series Landcruiser 4.2TD Auto today.
Trip is getting closer by the day, flights booked to melbourne on the 18th December. We pick up the cruiser on the 19th and the Expanda on the 21st!!
Off to Sale for Chritmas with the in laws and then off up the coast.

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Well all went to plan and picked up the cruiser and van before christmas.
Been in sale since loading up the car and van, due to head off from here on the 8th to Healsville for a couple of nights. Van needs to go back to Bayswater Jayco to have the battery system installed on the 11th then off down the great ocean road to start our trip
Having trouble posting up photos as we only have the IPad to work with, not sure how to attach photos from the IPad to the web. I can send them as a email from it but at full size. Might have to read the instructions or buy a small laptop!!
We will start up a trip report once we head off
See you out there

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great news it all worked out.
The Great Ocean road sounds like a top way to start your trip :clap2:

Are they fitting the battery set up while you wait?

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
This is the day we picked up the Epanda, picked up the Cruiser the day before
Will post a couple of mods in the next couple of days with a few new pics.

IMG_1072 - Copy1.jpg

Oakesy

Dec 30, 2011
Newcastle NSW

Gday wandering willies,
I justt paid a deposit on an 18.57.9 - have four kids and wanted the extra fold out. I have a 99 prado but will be getting a 100 series v8 (wife wont let me have an ss again) - what made you upgrade to the bigger landcruiser? I hope you enjoy the van.