Juice polish on fibreglass caravans.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hello all,

I was thinking of trying the automotive polish Juice on our caravan. This product is well used in the vehicle repair sector these days over here in WA. I to have used it on my cars with great success.
This polish is a water based polish that is really easy to work with compared to the old oil based ones like the 3m polish that Jayco now supplies when you purchase a new van.
I have used the 3m one up untill now but I feel this polish is really aggressive for what it does.
The juice one is nowhere near as aggressive and I feel it will do a much better finish.
My only worry is that I have heard that some polishes can turn your fibreglass yellow if the correct ones are not used on fibreglass.

Hopefully a spay painter/fibreglass repair person can advise what there thoughts are on the juice pollishs, or should I just stick with the 3m polishes.

http://juicepolishes.com.au/product/swirl-remover/

Scroll down and watch Juice polishes part 2 - swirl removal.
http://juicepolishes.com.au/video-gallery/

Cheers

Skippy

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ive read the same thing @skippy, automotive cleaners have "an" ingredient that fibreglass doesnt like. I use Septone boat wash. Seems ok, but our vans lives inside

Reactions: skippy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My old fibreglass rig got the Septone Fibreglass polish mostly but had quite a few good coats of Turtle Wax with no ill effects.....

Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Ive read the same thing @skippy, automotive cleaners have "an" ingredient that fibreglass doesnt like. I use Septone boat wash. Seems ok, but our vans lives inside
I have never heard anything about the car washes effecting the fibreglass, far as I was aware it’s only the polishes @Crusty181
I’ve been using the meguiars NXT for years and no problems either YET....touch wood ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181