14' Series JTech Wheel Alignment & Bearing Sizes

egomoi

Aug 7, 2014
2012 Expanda 14.44-5 OB
My kerb side tire had sidewall delaminating and the outside only of the tread worn considerably. I took it in to get wheel alignment done along with a service. The wheel bearings also got replaced. So I suspect wheel toe in was putting stress on the tire. The tire was only 2 years old. Has anyone else experienced this with JTech suspension?
The wheel bearings replaced were a parallel bearing set and a Ford type bearing set. I'm guessing the parallel bearing was for the inner and the Ford for the outer. Does anyone know what sizes these are?

Attachments

• 20161119_122843[1].jpg
    20161119_122843[1].jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 227

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Best way to tell @egomoi and to be 100% certain would be to take the hub off and get the bearing numbers from them and seeing a bearing or trailer parts supplier.... Caravan and trailer bearings can be hit and miss as to what is fitted.

Wouldn't want to have a problem occur in the middle of nowhere and find out you have the wrong spare bearings. Happened to me once with a boat trailer many years ago and have never made the same mistake of assuming. or guessing, what the original bearings are!

Reactions: bigcol

Gary Page

Nov 22, 2014
Sydney
Hi I had the front Left Hand wheel go out of alignment after hitting a particularly bad cattle grate in western Qld at 80+ks. The result was to start scrubbing out the out side tread. A trip to a Jayco dealer in Bundaberg on the way home and $100 and all fixed.

Reactions: Delano