20' Series Jerry can holder

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Across multiple Forums there's quite a few times this gets discussed. Answer's range from:
Could be illegal if used for petrol due to potential explosions if someone runs in to the back of you.
OR
May be OK if just for diesel or water, but adding that much weight right on the rear of the van could potentially overload the mountings but also might just be too much weight right at the rear and lead to inducing sway problems.

In my case I've gone for mounting 2 can holders either side of a box on the front (factory extended "A" frame) and I'm currently working on relocating the batteries back over the axle's to compensate. Might be able to finish it if the storm's would just go away for a while.
Van1.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Got these from prestige jayco in geelong and Mario welded on the draw bar, heard similar about petrol being carried on the back but I suppose you have to contact the relevant authority in your state ie vic roads etc
20150318_111237.jpg

Reactions: anton Smith

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
As you guys well know, that pic was taken on our last half circle with Marvin finally revealing his secret 'Where's Marvin?' locations. Never thought about the JCs being an emergency bed end support lol.:biggrin-new: