Just Browsing Jayco work n play

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
We are thinking of going to a work n play if we sell our starcraft. Just not 100% sure in the toilet shower combo it seems very small. Is it a normal size toilet shower combo? Anyone else bought one recently and can give any overall advice? Thanks :)

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
There are a few of us around but maybe most are off somewhere using the van, unlike us, stranded at home.

We've used the toilet but not the shower so I can't actually add anything for you. The wife is quite smaller than me so I wouldn't envisage her having problems with the amount of room available but with me that would be more of a challenge but I think it's adequate. Overall the room is about the same as our home shower, but without the toilet and basin crowding it.

Phil

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Thanks for your reply Phil :) is the bed a queen on the front? Do you know if there is a table that comes standard in the back if you want to use the bunks as a lounge/ dinette or is that an extra?

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
we have a combo in our 17' and we had the same thought as you, we now use in even in caravan parks no drama and I am 6' and 105Kg (fat bustard according to my doctor lol)

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
we have a combo in our 17' and we had the same thought as you, we now use in even in caravan parks no drama and I am 6' and 105Kg (fat bustard according to my doctor lol)
LOL hubby and myself aren't what I call small and petite so we were slightly concerned (hubby is used to his full shower in the starcraft)

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
I'm not sure if you would call it a queen , they are the same as all the expander models, I'm pretty sure the shower toilet size is standard across the board also. yes it does come with a table as standard , I made my own, as I thought it was a bit big at back, just check my mods in the toy hauler section. We find it ample big enough for us , I always thought we would struggle for room as the back takes up a lot of cupboard space. But it's been fine. The biggest advantage is I can take my bikes away with us. (Quad, moped and kids push bikes.,

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Forgot to mention the shower is big enough for our family , mind you we've got two girls, hence why I got the outdoor shower extra , and a pop up shower tent .

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Thanks for your reply Phil :) is the bed a queen on the front? Do you know if there is a table that comes standard in the back if you want to use the bunks as a lounge/ dinette or is that an extra?
Honestly can't say what size the front bed is but the 3 mattress sections are sitting a few metre's away but I don't have a tape measure handy. Because there's only the 2 of us we've removed the innerspring mattress and will use one of the bunk foam one's on occasions up there. That will be my warmer weather bed or a sun room sometimes and Lyn will mostly use the other rear bunk. As to the table, yes it does come with one but it's so unstable because it only has one pole to the floor and it's a restriction to getting around it when the bunks are down and we've done away with it. Very easy to have spilt drinks etc. We're using a fold up table we got from Bunnings. There's a sub folder in the Forum under "All other Jayco caravans" dedicated to Toy Haulers" and it would be worthwhile to peruse it for a lot of the mod's done by owners here (ours is Phil & Lyn's). In there one of the Members modified the table to have a dog leg in it and braced it to one bunk as a possibility to get around the issue.

If you have any other questions then please ask. People here are quite willing to give advice and ideas.

Phil