Jayco starter kit

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I hear there is a Jayco starter kit when you pick up your new van. What do you get?

Do you get any Big 4 or Top Tourist free memberships?

Geoff

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
I think we got a top tourist one (we did get one and it definately wasn't big 4) .... otherwise we got the manuals, a dvd, thetford toilet samples, 3m marine polish, ummmmmmmm maybe something else. After we completed the survey they sent us a jayco keyring. Our dealer also gave us all hats. No flowers and chocolates like we get when we buy our cars though

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We received a top tourist card membership for 12 months, free membership to NSW Jayco club, 2 x Jayco caps, a picnic blanket, 3M wax & polish kit, toilet sample additives, and a keyring. :thumb:

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Geoff,

Much like Andrea, we received 2 stubby holders, 2 caps, manuals, a DVD, loo chemical sample bottles, bottle of wash & wax and another for once a year wax and....

Oh - that was it!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We got the polish, toilet chemicals for one fill, some glass (plastic) cleaner and a heap of manuals. No caps or picnic blankets! Cant complain as we got 2 caps and 2 soft toys at the factory for the kids. Thanks again Brian. I think somehting was also mentioned about 12 mnths membership to top tourist, but no paperwork yet.

In the Van I also got an Allen key for some wheel caps that I dont have, and a phillips head screw driver for something else that is no longer used on the vans. Dealer had a good laugh reflecting on the poor guy at the factory that packs them into every van knowing they are not needed!

We also got the DVD but it is only 3 minutes long and has very little info. I was wondering if I got a dud?!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
a pack of out of date brochures (big 4 park guide for two years prior, an add for a Jeep Commander no longer made etc etc.)
polishes/waxes, screwdriver, operator manuals.
I think that was it.
A year additional top tourist membership came via mail from TT direct.
Had to ask for a dvd, but never watched it either
and a receipt for $$$$$$$ :)

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
We got, 15mtr power lead, sullage hose about 10mtrs, blue water hose 10mtrs,( all this in a mesh bag ) polish and cleaner, Big 4 membership for 1 year and a key ring after the survey

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Bunch of Keys, Polish, Caps, Stubby Holders (had to ask for these) and a few manuals. Prestige Jayco, Geelong...

Why not call out what dealers you got them from Folks, That way we know who are the tight arse dealers and who arent...

I'd like to know what dealer is giving out the mesh bag with leads and hoses ets because our dealer charged us over $100 for that :-(

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Bunch of Keys, Polish, Caps, Stubby Holders (had to ask for these) and a few manuals. Prestige Jayco, Geelong...

Why not call out what dealers you got them from Folks, That way we know who are the tight arse dealers and who arent...

I'd like to know what dealer is giving out the mesh bag with leads and hoses ets because our dealer charged us over $100 for that :-(

Mate it was Page Bros, they were great to deal with.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW

They were probably just trying to get back 'in the black' after the deal you got from them :)