Jayco Speakers/ roof top aircon

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all,

Was wondering how the speakers Jayco install sound when given a bit of volume, can they handle a bit of volume or do they break down? Do they have a decent sounding base? Would like to have them installed if we order a new van but havn't heard them before. Also about roof top aircon Coleman or Ibis? How does the Coleman go?

Thanks
Burnsy.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
We find the speakers sound really good. Decent bass and clarity.. Only if you crank hard with full bass it sounds a little crackly, but that is an exeption. The outdoor ones are not as bassy but sound ok.

Cant answer the air con but the standard Heron one is ok...

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Burnsy If your like me and a bit fussy with sound quality maybe get Jayco to run the wires to where you want them and add your own speakers , I've just fitted some Pioneer 6 x 9's and a Sony Car DVD in mine and they sound just marvellous, maybe a little under powered but hey, I can alway add an Amp ! Sorry can't help with the Aircon ours is a wall mounted one the heater works great on it but found the cool side a little lacking on a stinker of a day

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Good question about the speakers. I've already ordered mine so I guess I'll find out. I notice they are under the dinette in the 2012 model, not at the rear bed end. It seems a little strange to me. They are at your feet when watching TV and very close together (not good for stereo?)
I guess one could replace with better speakers. Has anyone bothered to do this? What about as sub?
:lalala:

Although I've ordered speakers inside and out, we normally dont have TV or music when camping. We like the 'serenity'. In fact, it is one of my big gripes when people rock up and start blaring music throughout the camp site. I dont mind them having fun, but the thing is that EVERYONE has to listen to the music, whether they like it or not. Am I getting old?

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Although I've ordered speakers inside and out, we normally dont have TV or music when camping. We like the 'serenity'. In fact, it is one of my big gripes when people rock up and start blaring music throughout the camp site. I dont mind them having fun, but the thing is that EVERYONE has to listen to the music, whether they like it or not. Am I getting old?

Sorry bout that....:horn:

Wandering Willies

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hey Burnsy
We have the 18ft with the speakers inside and out, they sound great outside even turned up a fair way. Inside one is above the dining table and the other down near the bunks so doesn't sound the best inside. My outside ones seem to have better base than the inside ones.

We have the coleman air con and find it a bit load but works very well. Had 42 in Mt Isa the other day and it worked a treat.

Cheers

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
LOL
I reckon you would have invited us over for a drink anyway...

oh for sure!!.... I am just working on a new setup.... Using a Laptop plugged into the stereo, a wireless router (12v) Itunes and a Iphone with an app called "remote" I can have like a juke box, where people can make selections and everything including volume can be adjusted via the Iphone from anywhere within wireless range. I might be camping by myself yet.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Using a Laptop plugged into the stereo, a wireless router (12v) Itunes and a Iphone with an app called "remote" I can have like a juke box, where people can make selections and everything including volume can be adjusted via the Iphone from anywhere within wireless range.

You sound as bad as me Bigman maybe you should've had my user name :laugh:

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Agree with Stuart, the speakers inside are crap, very little bass and clarity not great. The outdoor speakers are much better, when they are on at least you get some bass inside the van, sod the neighbours - only joking. Outdoor are good and replace inside speakers on list of things to do.