jayco saftey tour and a peek at the factory

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Cheers Salsimo.....very good.

Aside from seeing and hearing from some of the people at the coalface, it's nice to know that Jayco is committed to work place safety ( I would hate to think someone was seriously injured, or worse, building our or someone elses van). From a slightly selfish perspective, I would rather see our vans being built with the aid of lifting equipment; less chance of manufacturing damage.

Looking forward to my tour - looks impressive.

:clap2:

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Great OH&S promo. I hope the rest of the factory has the same standards in quality...thanks

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
A good insight Sal to how things can be improved in looking after workers. It also shows how it can help to lift morale amongst staff if the implementations for safety also make the job easier and more productive.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Sounds too good to be true to me! Pick the employees that wont stand up for themselves and are too scared of disagreeing with their employer no matter what situation. Then bingo all seems well from the outside but the truth is stretched. I dont know about most of you, but this sounds like a con job to me.
But if Jacyco are as good as they want you to think with OH&s, well good for them and keep on producing your quality van's Jayco!:clap2:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I agree Skippy, the comment I added was a general comment that can hopefully be applied to everyones work place.

Your right about the con job his beard and mostache didn't look look like it could fool anyone :becky:
Also another thing I did notice was the 3rd worker at Jayco had no Hi-Vis on :laser:

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
i did the factory tour a few weeks ago and could belive how unsafe the trip hazards where and i am a tradesman ,air hoses going every where across floors not from roof pull downs ,trip hazards every where ,but loved the tour