jayco roadside

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
was wondering if anyone has the misfortunate experience of dealing with Jayco roadside assistance as we did on Saturday?

We called the 1800 number 3 x and was answered by a machine, put on hold and disconnected each time.

So I am curious as to whether this is the norm and if we would be better of joining another group like RACV etc.....if they provide service for vans that is?

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
no...we couldnt get in as the door lock was stuffed....
Aha!
Big issue the door bit, has now happened twice to me! Luckily I have two doors and was able to remover door handle from inside!

As for the Jayco Roadside, I have heard some sly remarks about it not worth the plastic it.s printed on!
Fort what it's worth I have NRMA Premium cover that will hopefully cover getting my van and car to where it needs to go!

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
Aha!
Big issue the door bit, has now happened twice to me! Luckily I have two doors and was able to remover door handle from inside!

As for the Jayco Roadside, I have heard some sly remarks about it not worth the plastic it.s printed on!
Fort what it's worth I have NRMA Premium cover that will hopefully cover getting my van and car to where it needs to go!
yeah thought so regarding their so called service....I was lucky the locksmith was around

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
Recently we phoned up RACV and checked whether they provide roadside assistance for vans...the answer was "no".

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
I rang them last year when I found the centre bolt had decided to jump out. I did fix this at home myself but thought I would test out the service which was more than happy to put it on a truck and tow it to the nearest caravan repairer but at my cost. The van was only 3 months old....the cost was going to be $900 to take it 16km...
I can't deny the service is there but at a cost to the customer who thinks they are covered free of charge during te warranty period.... Not...

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I tried them when the door lock failed also....
Useless, even for any advise, let alone getting someone out.

I re-established my RACV membership (lapsed with new car) with Total Care.
-----------------
caravan and trailer assistance

RACV now provide you with the peace of mind in knowing that we will be there for you in the event that your caravan or trailer has broken down or is involved in an accident.

RACV trailer and caravan roadside assistance benefits include*:

• Emergency Roadside Assistance
  • Towing
  • Accommodation
  • Locksmith services
  • Accident Assistance
  • Personal effects cover
  • Alternative trailer hire allowance
------------------------------

but I just found out it does still have restrictions - <2.7m high, <2.3m wide, <22' length (my 17 is 22'6")

I thought NRMA had something similar but the restrictions were a little worse again....

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I tried them when the door lock failed also....
Useless, even for any advise, let alone getting someone out.

I re-established my RACV membership (lapsed with new car) with Total Care.
-----------------
caravan and trailer assistance

RACV now provide you with the peace of mind in knowing that we will be there for you in the event that your caravan or trailer has broken down or is involved in an accident.

RACV trailer and caravan roadside assistance benefits include*:

• Emergency Roadside Assistance
  • Towing
  • Accommodation
  • Locksmith services
  • Accident Assistance
  • Personal effects cover
  • Alternative trailer hire allowance
------------------------------

but I just found out it does still have restrictions - <2.7m high, <2.3m wide, <22' length (my 17 is 22'6")

I thought NRMA had something similar but the restrictions were a little worse again....

@straydingo & @hamish22 try NRMA Premium Plus cover, it's not advertised or talked about but if your in the know you just have to ask and you can get it, covers a few more things and a few less restrictions.
Dave

Reactions: hamish22

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
But NRMA is the NSW version of RACV isn't it?

Before we went away recently we upgraded to RACV total care and it wasn't that expensive. I think anyone with a caravan should be upgrading their coverage.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I just upgraded to RACQ Ultimate which mean recovery for car and caravan to home but wont cover the cost of taking it on the ferry across Bass Strait. Also supplies train or coach return home for me and up to 5 passengers plus a lot more.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
But NRMA is the NSW version of RACV isn't it?

Before we went away recently we upgraded to RACV total care and it wasn't that expensive. I think anyone with a caravan should be upgrading their coverage.
Macca,

I think there may be some kind of affiliation between the organisations. Sounds like Total Care or Ultimate Care are similar types of cover to Premium Plus, some look different package.

Dave