Jayco Recall - Single Axel with 12" drum brakes

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
G'Day All,

No doubt some of you will recieve a letter from Jayco soon for a recall. I got my letter today, .........

Here is a link; http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1010771
This site has a pdf of the affected chassis numbers.

Seems like the wheel nuts don't match the stud threads properly......... Might have been nice to know a little earlier as I have just returned from a 10,000km trip.

Luckily it's a daily check of mine to make sure the wheel nuts are tight on both the van & car.....

Hopefully not too many of you have this problem but at least they are doing something about it..

Cheers

Paul

Reds

Oct 31, 2011
Berwick Vic
Hi Paul

After picking up our 16.49.2 on 21 Dec and 3 weeks away I spent a 1/2 hour removing one wheel nut that was cross threaded prior to storing the van.
Luckily that didn't happen on the side of the road during our trip I would have been well annoyed.
The wheel nut and stud were stuffed. Both were replaced at the first service without any issues.

It was comforting to get the letter today to find that it was a deeper issue other than a bad installation at the factory.

Cheers
Red

jindiman

Feb 16, 2012
Just picked up our 16:49:3 this morning after it first service and was told some of the wheel nuts had been replaced but studs were airight but not told why but now I know and other things fixed that I didn"t even know about, so happy with my dealer

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Got my letter today, luckily my van is in for a service now, how conveinient................

Hope averyones studs are OK, get them checked ASAP.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Spent yesterday morning packing my wheel bearings and found no problems with my wheel nuts but my van is outside the chassis numbers specified. Was surprised at the weight of the brake drums, felt as heavy as the the wheel and tyre.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
great news SP,found out today from jayco our van in the clear as it has 10"drums fitted (thought they were small), whilst wanting to find a replacement roof from xmas day hail storm. need to wait till late winter "take a ticket",were the exact words from the service dept!cheers.