Just Browsing Jayco J-HUB replacement of Drifter Panel

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Funny how the dealer I was in today didn't even signify my question when I asked about JHUB (it was in the 2017 brochure that he only had one copy of). JHUB wasn't in the 2016 brochure, and the Drifter upgrade wasn't in the 2017 brochure as an option.

Maybe there's been a few issues?

I wonder what would happen if you were sitting outside and closed the slideout with your tablet with your child in the way? Law suite waiting to happen.. Automation still needs direct supervision in some instances from my view.

Last edited:

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Update....I was contacted by my dealer today...As of April Drifter will not be available installed by Jayco...J HUB about $1000 more than the Coast to Coast system...

I agree with some sentiments here.....at least when a wire connects something it's an easy fix if something goes wrong....All light switches etc are now Bluetooth no wires just an internal battery that can go flat.

Last edited:

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
Our 18.58-2 rolls off the line in about a week. Originally we asked for it more for future resale, its overpriced for what it does i reckon. Not that much more advanced than the Drifter. Jayco agreed initially and had it listed on my production paperwork, then decided that they weren't going to fit them until the April run. Dealer pointed out that they had already agreed to it in writing, so they relented. Plus, it's not like its a totally new product they are waiting on stock for, the bigger van have them already. So we managed to get one on our run in a week.

Reactions: Ssil2000 and dagree

SkinnyBuddah

Jul 12, 2015
Ballarat
I tried to have one put into a new starcraft and have been rang to say they're not fitting then to anything but the silverlines :(

Oh well back to my own diy version I suppose

Mattintas

Jun 12, 2017
Tasmania
We have a J-hub in our 2017 basestation. I haven't had any other caravans before so i can't compare it with any other systems. All in all it is pretty easy to use. One issue I had was the battery level bar graph always showed that the batteries were 100% full with 95 hours of life in them. We learnt that they were not full when the 2-way fridge and gas heater stopped working three days into our week long trip. That was very frustrating and i don't know what was going on with it. Need to test it out again on our next long trip.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I've been parked in a caravan park for the last 7 weeks till we found and bought the new house (settlement next week) so I haven't moved much, but I can say the greywater tank put in by Mackay Jayco sits on half full when empty, even after they fixed it the first time. Mind you, the fix was actually putting in the sensors that they forgot to install. Some problems are not J-Hub related they are related to sensor orientation.

From observation on my van I can say that the installation of the sensors is pretty shocking. The readings on the screen can not match the visual on the JHub. The bottom sensor is too high and does not follow the manufacturers recommendations on any of my tanks.
upload_2017-8-18_19-51-45.png

The JHUB does not have a Setec (the manufacturer) recommended sensor installation. The Drifter does (same manufacturer), and it is above.

When I have time I'll take pics of my tanks and the Jayco installation so all can see what is counted as acceptable by Jayco when compared to Setec recommendations.