17' Series Jayco Factory Tour

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
..Thought I update some of the progress we made so far apart from only two weeks before we pick up the van.. One of the privileges being living in VIC is that Jayco head office and the manufacturing plant is located in my neighbourhood. So we had the opportunity to go on a factory tour recently. it was very impressive and they used the latest technology to manufacture these vans. Not to mention the factory premises is enormous............................. :). Whilst we weren't allowed to take pics inside the factory floor we managed to get couple of pics of the Expanda Chassis. see below:- hope you like them..

Attachments

• chassy1.JPG
    chassy1.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 405
  • chassy2.JPG
    chassy2.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 411
  • CS.JPG
    CS.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 391

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
It is a very well set out place as you would think they have tracks to slide the chassis left/right to the different sections when I was there I got to go over the vans a lot more than the public etc
Photos are one thing that you can't do I like the grave yard the best

Linda64

Mar 12, 2014
Melbourne
We did the tour in Feb and really enjoyed it too. I took heaps of pics, nothing was said about not doing so. Oops better not share them then lol

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi All, Yes the tour is open for everyone except they have certain days (I think it is Tuesday and Thursday) you can go on the tour. Highly recommend it specially if you planning to buy one or already owned one - just to see it is being built etc.. Unfortunately, I only took two pics as I was preoccupied with the other stuff going on in the factory... :) 15 days to go before the delivery... counting days like a kid.... :clap2:

Reactions: mfexpanda

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@TRAKADU we enjoyed the tour although when the keep going on about how they triple check everything to make sure its right and you read here what people find wrong. I had to bite my tongue :)
We just got our van back from warranty issues.. now have to have a look what they did :)

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi @davemc, Sorry to hear you had warranty issues.. Do you mind telling what were they? I have also heard about the quality issues that Jayco have. It seems water leaks are one of the most common... cheers TRAKADU

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@TRAKADU nothing major seems a few skylights been leaking for other people touch wood ours been fine. Also inlet house triple touch wood :)
Have a look at our thread. TV Aerial, Dinette pulled out of wall on drive home, had a wrong sticker on front.. Nothing major. Dinette was our worry as 4 boys they kept leaning on the table which kept pulling ok.
TV more for me as I had to watch footy on ipad :)

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/dave-and-sarahs-starcraft-17-58-1-ob.5236/

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
..Thought I update some of the progress we made so far apart from only two weeks before we pick up the van.. One of the privileges being living in VIC is that Jayco head office and the manufacturing plant is located in my neighbourhood. So we had the opportunity to go on a factory tour recently. it was very impressive and they used the latest technology to manufacture these vans. Not to mention the factory premises is enormous............................. :). Whilst we weren't allowed to take pics inside the factory floor we managed to get couple of pics of the Expanda Chassis. see below:- hope you like them..
nice work trakadu was that last pic at the van show in march??????

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Great shots and I wonder about that Starcraft OB in the background?

I couldn't of helped myself, after two Jayco's I would have had to of offered to show that worker how to tie the wires up properly, maybe if I do the tour I'll take some split tube conduit in to show them aswell? Lol

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Did the factory tour today, very impressed with the operation, unfortunately they were not building Starcrafts today, but a lot of Journeys and Silverlines, as well as the camper trailers. A good morning ! Highly recommend !