Jayco Factory Modifications

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I'm thinking about upgrading and was wondering what Jayco will do with respect to modifications beyond standard options. I don't mean the usual stuff we all do to modify our vans, I mean the structural stuff that customises the van like what smaller manufacturers will do.

If you have had your van customised by Jayco at the factory or dealership it would be great to know the details and extent of the modifications.

Descriptions/van model/photos/costs/extension of delivery time/dealer names/etc for the mods would be great. I don't mean to plug certain dealers but from the forums I have read some dealers are better than others at giving customers what they want.

If you have an affiliation with a dealership.....please feel free to input....but state what the affiliation is so you can't be accused of improper behaviour.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
they were not very helpful in my case
I took out the split air con and put in a roof top, they would not change the vent on the side to a door
ended up with no hole at all..............

Reactions: dagree

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I hope someone comes along later to prove me wrong with their experience but I suspect any modifications apart from normal options would be a no go due to the volume they pump out on the production line when they do a model run. To take something off to the side to do any bespoke work would upset the apple cart.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Reactions: bigcol

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We bought a 2015 17.56-2 and got the factory to replace the bottom bunk/table for a full bench and cupboards with 2 power points at either end. It wasn't much problem maybe because it had been done in the past.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
So welding a few tabs to the chassis pre galvanising would be a no goer I presume..I really like the idea of getting the batteries outside below the chassis like some of the other vans available (and a few other things that would mean I don't have to drill hole in the chassis)

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
A recent talk I had with a battery supplier highlighted that in their opinion, no battery should be inside the van eg. under seating like mine is in a 16.49.1 model. This even included the deep cycle AGM type batteries. I have noticed a few vans in parks with their batteries external to the main living/sleeping area; I would have thought Jayco would move the batteries as a 'design improvement' initiative.

Reactions: G Daddy and dagree