14' Series Jayco Expanda 14.44 Rear Bar

comitnycrym

Oct 20, 2020
Adelaide
Hi, ive got a 2011 Jayco Expanda 14.44 (Tourer) and want to replace the standard white round rear bar with a square tube galvanised like they are on some models of the Expanda. All i want to do is get a spare wheel mount carrier so i can relocate the wheel onto the rear bar, allowing me to mount my toolbox at the front. Does Jayco sell this or is there anyone that can make these custom and they just bolt into the existing mounting points? Im located in Adelaide.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Howdy @comitnycrym, any metal shop will whip you one up. It's possible Jayco will sell them as a spare part, because in the event of a rear-end insurance claim a repairer would be looking for one. Often rear bars pop up 2nd hand, but not often with the spare wheel mount, you'd end at a metal fabricator anyway.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Agree with crusty or you can just box in the area where you want to put the wheel mount and clamp it to that...contrary to popular belief the round bar won't bend, I made a drop down which worked well on the rear round bar with no sign of fracture or bend..... on my 14.44

Measure back from the tow hitch 900mm if your tool box encroaches inside that area it stands a good chance of being whacked by your tug on turns.

Reactions: Crusty181