Just Browsing Jayco Dove Interior Laminate Colour Identification

Taco

Jan 6, 2020
Sydney
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and my first post so apologies if I have missed the answer in any other threads. I have a 2008 jayco Dove and I damaged the interior laminate when I (stupidly), pulled off some electrical tape that I used to secure the fly screen. I have been unable to find any information, either online or from Jayco on a part number, supplier, or colour. So I can purchase a roll and repair myself. Certain,y I am not the only person to have this issue. I have attached a few photos of the issue and colour and would any assistance in how I could identify and procurre a roll of the PCV laminate so I can repair myself. Thank You.

Attachments

• Jayco Dove - Fwd.jpg
    Jayco Dove - Fwd.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 496
  • Jayco Dove Inerior - Aft .jpg
    Jayco Dove Inerior - Aft .jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Laminate Interior Colour - Jayco Dove 2004. .jpg
    Laminate Interior Colour - Jayco Dove 2004. .jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 436

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I have a 2014 outback expanda i had to get a new flooring warrenty work they didnt make the same as i had anymore so had to have diffrent so all im saying is if you can still get same coulor id say good luck with that but i mite be wrong there allways changing things and dont keep anything thats old if they class my 2014 model as old how old is old

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The brown stuff is actually paper you could try a van repair shop but I don't think you can get the paper to laminate it yourself but you can sometimes get some board if they will part with it, me I would tidy it up and spray it.
A bit of cunning camo does a good job, like for the fire extinguisher section a bit of brushed alloy cut in an "L" shape which will run up the wall to the bench covering the lifted section with the leg running across under the fire extinguisher box as a kick plate, just apply it to the panel with spray glue, just don't bend the alloy when cutting and a very tiny bead of silicon on the edge...... or get some car door carpet stuff, its a lining material some aircraft have it as well, its hard wearing in various colours just cut and do both panels in it finishes off nicely and with a spray of Scotchgaurd cleans easier than the original panel, most upholstery shops have it.....going to a dealer will be like pulling teeth.

On the other hand there are some great durable wall papers around now just use school glue (Clag) and a roller to put it on...... or spray contact but be sparing with it.

Just a few ideas to show you don't have to go original.

Reactions: 1DayIll

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and my first post so apologies if I have missed the answer in any other threads. I have a 2008 jayco Dove and I damaged the interior laminate when I (stupidly), pulled off some electrical tape that I used to secure the fly screen. I have been unable to find any information, either online or from Jayco on a part number, supplier, or colour. So I can purchase a roll and repair myself. Certain,y I am not the only person to have this issue. I have attached a few photos of the issue and colour and would any assistance in how I could identify and procurre a roll of the PCV laminate so I can repair myself. Thank You.

Hey @Taco , I have a 2013 Penguin and there are a few nicks and marks on walls which I would like to cover up. Have checked around to a lot of hardware stores and furniture stores for the same colour repair sticks (wax) and little pots of furniture repair filler etc. No real luck so far. But if you have larger areas and can provide a sample patch (rip some more off??) and take it to Bunnings, they may be able to match it and give you a sample pot. Nothing to lose, very cheap and might just work! What do you think?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Contact a dealer or Jayco directly. Theyll know the color from the chassis number. They do keep stock, and if they havent exhausted their supply you can buy it in 2.4 x 1.2 sheets in either 9mm or 12mm. You will need edge tape or knock in bead which ever one you require. Ive purchased stock for all of my Jaycos to add shelving, do mods etc.