18' Series Jayco Bed Ends

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Got these put on yesterday. So easy, literally took 4 minutes to take out of bag and thread on. Nice and light material too. image.jpgimage.jpg

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
No. They are so easy to put on/ off , slide on thru sail track, we removed them. They have their own storage bag and very light weight.

Reactions: Smirke

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Picked mine up from Jayco Canberra today for $295 each, so very happy !

Now to fit them under the rubber seals so they look like part of the build

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
No. They are so easy to put on/ off , slide on thru sail track, we removed them. They have their own storage bag and very light weight.
cheers, do you think they would fold up alright?
Will be heading over to Vic (from WA) next month to pick up the new van then down to tassie for a month and a half so will more than likley want to leave them on if possible.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@ShaneT Used ours for the first time at Waroona last weekend and I'm guessing you would've got similar weather to what we did :mad-3:
Had the bed end covers setup and no wet canvas on the actual bed canvas (Apart from maybe a couple of drops that got let through)

Haven't tried folding the ends up with them attached as due to the way they are attached (Sail tracks) I don't think it'll work.... Will be setting the van up on the weekend for a cleanup so might set them up and see if the beds ends do fold up with them fitted. Keep you posted if I do try.

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
bummer about the weekend, it wasn't nice. If you remember that would be good. I would hate to think you would have to set them up in the rain.

Reactions: dagree

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
The won't fold up with the lid as they sit outside the gas strut if you did mange to get it too it may jam and tear the cover on the way back down
The privacy screen are fitting to the inside of these and can fold up on top
The only way I do see you leaving them in place would be to take them out of the side tracks then use the press studs to hold the up on the lid

Reactions: ShaneT and dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The won't fold up with the lid as they sit outside the gas strut if you did mange to get it too it may jam and tear the cover on the way back down
The privacy screen are fitting to the inside of these and can fold up on top
The only way I do see you leaving them in place would be to take them out of the side tracks then use the press studs to hold the up on the lid

The Jayco bed ends I picked up came with press studs as well, but I don't think it would be anywhere as effective as the sail track.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
One funny thing about the Jayco bed ends, why the hell do they have insect screens ?

They are open at the bottom.......

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
They line up with the ones in the bed end so you can see out when it's raining if you have the clear section down
The air gap gives a air cushion to help stop the rain getting in and keeping it warmer in return

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@rodney I have the waterproof bed ends, not the privacy screens (actually I have both)

They have clear windows, with an outer canvas flap and an inner insect screen, however there are already insect screens on the bed windows.

Even if both the clear and canvas flaps were open, bugs can just fly under the fly, so are pointless.

Just seems that someone wasn't thinking when they designed them, and could have saved a couple of dollars.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
I know what you mean now @Bellbirdweb I thought if you had more sail track or press stud fit that the the bottom of the bed end the onto the base of the bed sealing it up

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
cheers, do you think they would fold up alright?
Will be heading over to Vic (from WA) next month to pick up the new van then down to tassie for a month and a half so will more than likley want to leave them on if possible.

Gave it a try this afternoon @ShaneT ..... No go with folding them up as expected.... Might be able to sort something by pulling the sides out of the sail track and maybe folding up under the lid with new press studs on the bed roof "might" work but for the short time it takes to fit and remove fully I would bother personally.

For overnight stops between towns I'd either not worry fitting (Unless in wet weather) and if fitted I'd be removing them and just folding them up enough to fit on shower floor or in the back of the Prado!!!

Reactions: ShaneT

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Thanks alot, abit disappointed but after having the privacy screens on the swan I am definitely going forward.