Jack for LC200 with 2” lift

PeterV

Mar 25, 2015
Turramurra, NSW
I suffer a bit from laziness. My new LC200 has had a Lovell’s GVM upgrade and 2” lift. Just wondering whether the OEM jack is now up to the task or do I need a new jack. Yeh, I now I could go outside and try it out, but I’m lying in bed

Can anyone provide advice?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Seems like the Cruisota mob have to be at work early to pay for the guzzlers.................................. Most of my vehicles when I gave them a lift I had to add a 50mm block of wood to make up the gap, good idea to have base plate anyway................. they don't use scissor jacks i hope.

Reactions: PeterV

PeterV

Mar 25, 2015
Turramurra, NSW
Seems like the Cruisota mob have to be at work early to pay for the guzzlers.................................. Most of my vehicles when I gave them a lift I had to add a 50mm block of wood to make up the gap, good idea to have base plate anyway................. they don't use scissor jacks i hope.
Thanks @Drover, yes, it is a bottle jack. I used to use a 2” block of wood with the Pajero but I was never all that comfortable with it. It always seemed a bit unstable, nevertheless, I think it’s the way I’ll go.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I lifted the Ute I added a 50mm block to sit the jack on, the block is a good 250mm wide and provides a good base plate for the jack which is a must, the standard jack is good for concrete flat floors but on the road you should always carry a large flat base plate, scrape some dirt , lay base and mount jack, with a lift a fatter plate is needed, sometimes depending on the point on the vehicle they have as jacking points, a 25mm bit of pine is good to fit between vehicle and jack, less chance of slipping..... Jacks are designed by a chair borne warrior and an algorithm, flat, solid ground is rare, it pays to be ready..

PeterV

Mar 25, 2015
Turramurra, NSW
Funny how you get locked into a particular way of thinking . Hadn’t thought about putting a thinner strip of timber between the jack and the car

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I found with some vehicles while I always have a block under the jack a bit between the jack and car body does mount better but only if your jack lift point is nice and wide like 30 or 40mm on a bottle jack any smaller and they will just split the timber, don't go that way to increase the lift though use wide solid blocks underneath, stability is the key factor.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I found when I lifted the ute back was okay but front lifted from the chassis and the jack was left wanting........when experimenting just keep your bits out of the way..lol.