J Tech Wheel Alignment Perth

Akil

Nov 16, 2016
Perth
My fellow sandgropers can anyone recommend someone who can do a wheel alignment on a Starcraft Outback tandem with J Tech suspension? I have only just noticed that the passenger rear wheel is wearing on the outside quite badly.

I have called 3 Jayco authorised repairers. One can't fit me in before our next trip (2 weeks time), one wants $220 to align one wheel and then $110 for each additional and the other wants $150 to have a look and can't tell me if the alignment will be included in that.

Cheers,
Ian

Akil

Nov 16, 2016
Perth
Cheers Big Col. I wasn't sure if they would be able to do the independent J Tech suspension.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
with a caravan, a truck wheel aligners is the way to go...........

some may, some dont
but
atleast they have the machinery to do it unlike your local tyre place......
not saying a normal tyre place cannot do it, just it would be the exception, not the rule that they could do it

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Only place to get a decent job done is at a Truck Alighnment shop they know what they are doing, van places and car tyre joints just don't have the know how or equipment usually...most of these fancy caravan suspension have very limited means of adjustment, minimal camber and rarely have any castor adjustments, really poorly designed most of them, rely on an exact fitment of the unit which means a bit of hit or miss.
Sometimes when the adjustment is a near as can be made to perfect a change of tyre pattern will help, best really to stay away from chunky off road patterns, they will wear faster than a highway pattern and really the wheel is lazy so the only benefit from a chunky style tyre is LOOKS, a highway won't throw a chunk of rubber in the rough has better water dispersant properties.........................damn wandering off course again.....

Akil

Nov 16, 2016
Perth
The vans going of to Big Wheels Truck Alignment in Welshpool tomorrow. Over the phone they have quoted $280 which I think is a bit rich but it's the best price I was able to find in Perth.

If I was much further south apparently True Track Truck Aligning in Picton will do a tandem van for $150.

I'll report back on the service from Big Wheels when I get the van back.

- Ian

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The vans going of to Big Wheels Truck Alignment in Welshpool tomorrow. Over the phone they have quoted $280 which I think is a bit rich but it's the best price I was able to find in Perth.

If I was much further south apparently True Track Truck Aligning in Picton will do a tandem van for $150.

I'll report back on the service from Big Wheels when I get the van back.

- Ian
That’s cheap. I paid $450 at the truck aligners in Sydney to get my Expanda done.

It was 19 degrees out on 1 axle and 9 on the other.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I have unevan wear on my 2 front wheels of the van back ones seem ok drivers side one is worse bit of scolloping on the tyre bad unevan wear so jayco can do it but not till may do i really trust them mmmmmm maybe not so its off to Bridgstone truck pits at there huge depo here in the west 180 bucks i thought was a bit much but they said im taking up space for a semi so its more an hourly rate compared to a car
But comparied to @Bellbirdweb im getting out of cheap i think let you all know