It's out!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well the Expanda is finally free.

Van shed 1.jpg Van shed 2.jpg

All the rain up here ran into my dirt floor van shed and softened the ground under the van and it sank into the mud. The ground outside was too wet to allow the truck to get down there and pull it out so I had to wait for a few days of fine weather and a chance to spread cracker dust down in front of the shed. That finally happened and the van came out today.

Van shed 3.jpg The dirt floor after the van removed
Van shed 4.jpg The cracker dust after the truck ran over it, the ground under it still soft

Now I have to get another trailer load of cracker dust to spread over the floor and pack it down and then put a drain across the front then the expanda can go back in.

Or maybe I can use it for a trip, now there is an idea. :doh:

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
CR - glad to see that it is finally out. After the hard labour filling in the sink hole and digging in a drain, you will need a trip away ;)

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Nice one CR, it looked a bit sad in there! Have you considered putting down a layer of gravel/stone? Would that prevent it getting so boggy/soft on the top layer?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Nice one CR, it looked a bit sad in there! Have you considered putting down a layer of gravel/stone? Would that prevent it getting so boggy/soft on the top layer?
G'day Millsy, cracker dust is just that. Crushed gravel which packs hard. Over a period of time it will set almost like concrete (I hope) :)