It's Home!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Our Expanda came home this morning. :rofl: I managed to back it up our driveway and it is now sitting for all the world to see.

It is now sporting a new window on the right hand side where previously it was just a blank wall. The roof and wall have been repaired and two pack done over both, the bath room wall was taken out and reglued and missing rivets replaced on roof. They also fitted little buttons under the front window cove which had been rubbing and gouging out the fibreglass/

I have been asked to take it back one day soon and they will fit a dolly wheel bracket inside the A frame and also fit an extra latch to hold the bed end in both sides. The latch is worth around $70.

DSC_2311 copy.jpg DSC_2312 copy.jpg DSC_2313 copy.jpg DSC_2314 copy.jpg DSC_2315 copy.jpg Now I can get back to playing and be ready for Sommerset dam.

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Work looks awesome, shame we wont be able to make it to the meet. Next one... :tea:

Quick question, can the fibreglass get fixed up to look a little newer? Might come in handy soon when we trade up to a newer model.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Quick question, can the fibreglass get fixed up to look a little newer? Might come in handy soon when we trade up to a newer model.

In my case fibreglass was cut out then repaired with more fibreglass, sanded back smooth then coated in two pack over the whole roof or wall. I believe it can be polished, maybe Boots can say what sort of a job that turns out as he was having his lid polished by the same mob who did mine.

Sorry you can't make it to Sommerset, but there will be more for sure. :fish2:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Looks good Paul - so far so good with our van - no real issues at present time - though it is tucked away in the garage at the moment keeping some beer cold.......

Bill

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I thought that the QLD option was a Cane Toad! The NT option must be a green tree frog.

The VIC option would be a brown snake so you guys win!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Actually CD, I haven't been smiling too much. The work on the roof and side look great, I think they have found where the dust was getting into the cupboards, but the floor still flexes and squeaks, the new window is not square, the stove top glass is coated in overspray and scratched and the cupboards with the heater and water pump are deep in dust.

The agent will fix it all but it means another trip in with the van. And it is frustrating and disappointing after nearly 3 months to still have the van almost unusable. But, come what may, we will be at Somerset Dam Friday week. :pray:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Here a few photos of the things making me unhappy.
DSC_2325.jpg DSC_2326.jpg DSC_2328.jpg DSC_2329.jpg DSC_2330.jpg DSC_2331.jpg DSC_2327.jpg DSC_2335.jpg

The first couple show the overspray and scratches on the stove top. It appears something was sitting on the glass while the overspray settled although there is more overspray where it was sitting. The next lot of pix just show the dust that was left in the cupboards and the last just shows the window which is about 5mm out of square.

All will be fixed except the window which I am told is not square because the cupboards and benchtop are out of square with the wall. I will be arguing this as all my checks and measurements say otherwise.