16' Series It's at the Dealers But _ _ _

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Spongy floors are common, all 3 of mine had spongy floors, usually at front near the door.
Thanks Bushman, exactly what I was hoping to hear (so it's not just my van). Did you reinforce it ?, or was it not that much of a problem ?. Did they fix it under warranty ? Did the dealer even notice yours ?. As I said I haven't actually seen the van yet, I'm just going on what the dealer said.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Thanks Bushman, exactly what I was hoping to hear (so it's not just my van). Did you reinforce it ?, or was it not that much of a problem ?. Did they fix it under warranty ? Did the dealer even notice yours ?. As I said I haven't actually seen the van yet, I'm just going on what the dealer said.

Didn't do anything about it on any of them probably should have but wasn't that much of an issue really

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mine has a bit of spongy feel over the front tank I didn't think the floor needed bracing though otherwise it would have spongy bits all over the place as the cross members are the same all over. When I get back from this run I was actually thinking of dropping the front and rear tank to spray the floor and I expect to see some screws missing holding down the floor where it's spongy or maybe a join is very close to the spot, they only butt the ends together, no proper timber join from what I see.
Having been under the rig numerous times I would say that intially they fire nails in to hold stuff in place then whack a few TEK screws around to secure everything as you can see nails underneath.
Actually 10 kg of bracing is a lot of bracing!!!!!!!!!!

I will know for sure late next week...................................Still no fish at Rainbow yet.

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Went to the Dealers yesterday to have a look at he flooring. It's all pretty solid now. I'm 100kgs and It didn't seem to move under me. Looked under the van and they have welded 6 small pieces of C channel basically straight up the centre in the main walkway has added very little weight at all. The dealer said Jayco has changed floor manufacturer and have gone for a cheaper thinner one, which is costing more in warranty issue I reckon. So if anyone is about to order a new van I would suggest bringing up that you know there are flooring issues beforehand just to see what response you get.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I thought that all structural work, including chassis, was done in house. Even then you can't blame the Supplier as who sets the specifications anyway. The idea that Jayco would tell a Supplier to just supply what ever they think is suitable is absurd.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Went to the Dealers yesterday to have a look at he flooring. It's all pretty solid now. I'm 100kgs and It didn't seem to move under me. Looked under the van and they have welded 6 small pieces of C channel basically straight up the centre in the main walkway has added very little weight at all. The dealer said Jayco has changed floor manufacturer and have gone for a cheaper thinner one, which is costing more in warranty issue I reckon. So if anyone is about to order a new van I would suggest bringing up that you know there are flooring issues beforehand just to see what response you get.
As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters. Bet your starting to dream of the trips you will make soon.
Enjoy the handover.

BJ

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
And very soon thereafter the dreaded mod disease will get you and all your free time will be spent on that thing out there................it's great.

Reactions: Delano and dagree

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
What do you mean coming up!!!! It's been like 5 months
Of sleepless nights. My wife reckons I've spent more time
Looking at everyone's set ups on here than I have with her, I think she's jealous .
It's a damn good way to get her attention but.
And it works lol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
HAHAHA... And it doesn't get any different once it's home.
Had ours for over 5 months and I still get "That glare!" and "What are you looking for now?" comment when logging on here at nights ;)

Just tell her that I'm not looking for any more ideas but logging on to see if anyone needs any assistance.... Now where's that "cough" "cough" emoticon????????

OH and good luck with the pickup @Delano :encouragement:

Reactions: brotys and Delano

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
What about the late nights in the shed cook'n up those mods.
Geez I think I'm gunna hav to schedule a few sickies cough cough !!!
So I can work out the perfect balance, Mods, Kids, Work, Wife.
Have I got it right?

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
You got it pretty well spot on :)
Only advantage I now have is that the Kids are now off our hands but the Grandkids would come a close second to the Mods ;)