16' Series It's at the Dealers But _ _ _

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Phoned the Dealership today our 16-49-4 has finally arrived YAY!!,
But the receptionist didn't sound as excited as I was. I asked her if all my factory mods were done she said they were, But and this is the bad bit apparently the Floor is "spongy" and they are waiting on a call from the factory to try and fix it . Has anyone had this problem or heard of it before ? As I see it the floor is the first thing put on to the chassis, so does everything have to come off? Or do I have to wait another 5 months for a new one.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
there goes the new QA guy………….. again! I mean how hard does it have to be for goodness sakes??? I hope they sort it quickly I would not be a happy camper if I was in your shoes @Delano

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
there goes the new QA guy………….. again! I mean how hard does it have to be for goodness sakes??? I hope they sort it quickly I would not be a happy camper if I was in your shoes @Delano

Having said that, mine is a little spongy anyway I thought it was normal as I have read people place extra bracing under the floor?

Mate that is what I was hoping to hear , maybe it's nothing to worry about. That's why I put it on the forum if anyone knows anything about this it will be you Guys.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Just be sure you are happy with whatever they do. If they add extra bracing remember that whatever they do will eat into your payload allowance. I know another forum member that knocked their new van back and are having it rebuilt. It was a big call, but it has to be right.

BJ

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
You can feel ours move a bit as you walk on it but it is right on top of the front water tank so it cannot be braced any more. It bugs my wife but it is not really a problem.

Reactions: Drover

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
I just hope they can do something with it, but I haven't seen it yet just what the dealer told me.
But if they're not happy then neither am I.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Just be sure you are happy with whatever they do. If they add extra bracing remember that whatever they do will eat into your payload allowance. I know another forum member that knocked their new van back and are having it rebuilt. It was a big call, but it has to be right.

BJ
I don't see how that should become the Customers problem. Surely if they have to add weight to strengthen it and make it acceptable then it's the factories problem to upgrade the Compliance Plate and still leave the normal weight allowance.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Oops, they must have used some wall section for the floor instead of the ply.

At least your dealer has picked it up, yes you might have to wait to get it fixed but best to have it sorted. Hope it gets sorted.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I don't see how that should become the Customers problem. Surely if they have to add weight to strengthen it and make it acceptable then it's the factories problem to upgrade the Compliance Plate and still leave the normal weight allowance.
That's what I was referring to @PhilD.
Probably could have worded it better.

BJ

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Spoke wit the Dealer today, said they will reinforce section of floor which they say will add about 10kgs. Which as long as the weight is what was originally estimated will be fine, I mean it's only the weight of 1 gas bottle. Also got a pick up date of Tuesday 16th, almost 2 weeks ...... My Wife reckons I'm Impatient. I just say HURRy UP so we can take a weeks holiday!!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Both my vans have been spongy in sections. When I did the factory tour we were told they went to a thinner timber to get the weight down.

Reactions: Delano