Electrical Is the Kings 200W blanket really value for money??

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
A 2hr stop - Haha. Whats that. Toilet, eat, go. 30 mins tops :) otherwise we set up shop for the night.

But yes - if we were intending to do that I would switch to gas (it's a habit I am into now)

BunchOfHunts

Jan 12, 2020
Melbourne
Can anyone answer the question in the title?
I get that there are a lot of variables involved and there is always a better way of doing things out there, but I'm keen to know if it's worth buying the 200w Kings solar blanket.
If not, what blanket under $300 would you recommend?

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Can anyone answer the question in the title?
I get that there are a lot of variables involved and there is always a better way of doing things out there, but I'm keen to know if it's worth buying the 200w Kings solar blanket.
If not, what blanket under $300 would you recommend?
In my opinion, as it is with the standard Kings controller, yeap it's "good value for money".

Is it as good as some of the same capacity units out there costing up towards $1K - no it's not. The output is similar however you get what you pay for.

Will Kings stand by their warranty if it fails - from what I have read you will have an uphill battle on your hands.

Would I cry if my kids rode their kids over my Kings mat - yes. Would I be more upset if they rode over a more expensive unit - yes I would.

Would I spend the same coin on the blanket again - yeap. I have upgraded the controller and will keep/swap it to any panel/blanket in the future.