VIC Inverloch

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Big 4 Inverloch holiday park

We stayed here last weekend at the end of the school holidays. Its over the road from the inlet beach (which also has foreshore camping). As a 'holiday park' it has a indoor heated pool, tennis courts, large play ground and jumping pillow etc. It's very gated - pin number in and out and 3 keyed pedestrian gates, providing fair security to the kids. Everyone's kids run rampant so look like they enjoy it.

There's two large lounge areas, one with kitchen facilities, the other with internet and games, medium size laundry, two amenity blocks, or ensuite sites if preferred, baby baths. There are also a very large number of 'owned' permanent vans/cabins etc. No doubt it would very busy in peak summer season. I believe they also run kids activities at certain times.

We were located on one of the front sites, which I reckon was too skinny for a van. We were very close to out neighbours and had to endure overhearing their inane conversations about their friends and all their private problems....
The front sites were also a bit noisy being opposite the playground areas etc, but as the site get further back, get quieter, so take your pick.

4/5

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great review dingo we too have stayed there and its a very neat park with great facilities.
We have also stayed on the foreshore section of the park which is very close to the beach and has basic facilites yet very well protected from the wind, which can be a problem when camping near the beach.
4/5 thats a good idea to rate a camp destination I might revisit my postings and give them a score also.

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
I find that most of the Big 4 parks are pretty good now, NRMA owns them I think, and they tend to cater for families well, I have been to a few and they are always clean with plenty of activities. We went to Treasure Island, Gold Coast in March and it was great, and we are going to Port Macquarie, Sundowner over New Years. :whoo:

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I'm currently into my second "post set up refreshment" at Inverloch Big 4. As mentioned above it has the typical big 4 facilities, but I also found the sites very small. I'm still in our old soft floor camper trailer, and I only just fit on my site. My ropes are right on the site boundary. Lucky we have family coming down later in the day do have booked the two adjacent a sites as well. One other tip, bring sand pegs if you intend pegging anything down. Very soft, sandy ground.

Navman

Jun 28, 2013
The RACV resort at Inverloch is a park I'd definitely recommend. It is relatively new, the sites are quite big and private. Ensuite sites are the biggest and best that we've ever been too. The park is quite spread out over a large area and isapprox a 5 minute drive out of town but well worth it. Great camp kitchen and amenities. It has a wonderful indoor pool, tennis courts, games room, jumping pillow, flying fox, and other kids playground equipment. Have found it to be a little less expensive than the big 4 one too. :)

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We are down here at the moment.
Caravan park is fantastic especially if you have kids.
Behind the park however is the foreshore caravan park. This area looks excellent for a weekend where you don't have kids.

Reactions: AddItUp

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
We have just booked in at the Big 4 for a week in January. It will be our first trip and we can't wait. :)

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We are down here at the moment.
Caravan park is fantastic especially if you have kids.
Behind the park however is the foreshore caravan park. This area looks excellent for a weekend where you don't have kids.
We have stayed at both the Caravan Park area and foreshore area and your right @Brad the foreshore area makes for a great weekend away

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
You're not wrong @ckcklopic , very expensive. However, a lot of people have been saying good things, so we are looking forward to it.

jed

May 16, 2013
It may be expensive but being your maiden voyage you want a good experiance ,sounds like a great park and if you like the area @AddItUp you can book into the RACV park one time as its a great place for kids or adults also near the Big4 theres a trail worth the walk some great views its called now I might have got this wrong but I think its called Screw river walk its at the end of the forshore camp area , anyway I'm sure you will have a great time ,only problem is waiting and waiting .............. lol

Reactions: AddItUp

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
We certainly want to stay at the RACV park also @jed , it was already booked out for January...we'll have to plan ahead for that one. Yes, the waiting is the hardest part...waiting for the van...then waiting to actually use it. Although, I'm pretty sure we'll sleep in it in the backyard a few times before we head off. :)

Reactions: jed

AddItUp

Sep 29, 2013
We do have kids @Brad , although they are a little older. But we don't mind the noise and activity so much, we can still go off and do our own thing. Big 4 seem to be very kid orientated, so we to expect that. When we want something more relaxing, we'll head off the beaten track a bit. :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
While you are waiting make sure you have got all the stuff you need to go caravanning and make sure it is in good nick. Tables, chairs, BBQ, Esky's, the list goes on and on. You may already have it, if not gives you an excuse to go to caravan and outdoor shops :).