Internal water leak and other issues....

Glenn42

Jun 26, 2013
Firstly I would like to congratulate you all on a excellent forum you have going here!!! Very informative and some excellent tips/tricks/mods.mi have been reading this forum for sometime now and up until now you have been able to help out with most problems.
the current problem I have is I've got water where I don't want it and not getting water where I do. I will cover there's at two separate issues......not sure if they are related(not seeing how).
My expanda is 16.49-30b single axle offroad with internal shower/toilet and external shower.

1) I am getting water pooling on the inside floor near the back bed/fridge area. Beginning to show some minor water damage. Pretty confident this isn't a rain issue as it happens in fine weather and if van is in the shed? I think it is coming from the bathroom Would like some idea before I start pulling the "bathroom" to bits. It will pool water regardless if you use the shower or not.

2) when I hook up to the mains at a caravan park I get nothing but the slightest dribble from the flick mixer on the sink. I still get full pressure from the front tap however And the internal shower has ok pressure.

Thankyou in advance
Glenn42

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Glenn42, welcome mate, yep I'm proud to be associated with such a great forum. How old is your van mate? Maybe a warranty issue for Jayco? If not you need to eliminate as to where its coming from, it sounds to me like its a leaking connection somewhere and could possibly be in a cavity. Bypass the shower by taking out the T pieces under the floor and replacing with straight joiners, connect mains and see if the pool appears, obviously if it does than its not your shower. You can go through and do this with outside shower, water heater and sink, basically wherever the pipes go through the floor. Once you find which one it is then you will need to find out if its the hot or cold side by doing the same thing.
The poor water pressure at tap mixer could be a valve or filter connected inline thats blocked or faulty, does it happen with the hot side also? Could also be a faulty mixer, you should also be able to eliminate what's causing this issue by finding where the pressure drops in the mixer line from underneath, then look from that point to your mixer for the fault. After having said all this it could also be your drain pipe from aircon unless its roof mounted. Thats easy to find if the water pools with no mains connected and aircon running then that's probably it!
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Glenn42

Jun 26, 2013
Cheers Burnsy
Your right this forum is bloody great.
My van is a 2009 model so warranty is out of the question and I am the second owner.
i am pretty sure may well be coming from the cavity....didn't think about bypassing the tee piece with a straight joiner. Reckon I might enough to by pass all of them, then re-introduce one at a time until leak appears.
pretty confident it is not the air con as the leak will show up without running the air con. But I will go and switch on now to make 100 percent sure.....little bit disappointed last trip put the van back in the shed dragged it out to use it and find a water leak, no water at the sink and the bloody dunny wouldn't flush. Fixed the dunny thanks to this forum. It was just the impeller stuck.
im guessing you should be able to get straight connectors from any size able caravan shop and do you have any idea on price
Cheers
Glenn