Insurance quotes

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I've been pretty disappointed with the performance of CIL fro a few years, so finally acted on my long standing vow to ring around once the renewal appeared.

Today I swapped insurer to RACV. $200 cheaper than CIL with an agreed value of $10k more and the agreed value never reduces so long as stay insured.
Just got our renewal for the Penguin. $268.00. Discounts include 60% no claim bonus, multi-poicy discount, 15% for years of membership. $1,000 excess and less because has theft security devices fitted (chains and locks) . If I had a garage to put it in, the premium would be lower again. The premium has hardly increased since we first insured it two years ago.

I am happy with that.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I looked at CIL years back on the recommendation of others and found them far more expensive than RACQ who I've used for years but always check prices each year, last year I rolled all my vehicles over to Defence Insurance like my house, which is QBE, not much cheaper but I can pay monthly with no extra charges, saves a $100 ....... Getting tested now with the hail damage so far so good. Big Mal and Colorado around the $600 mark each valued at 38K and 27K respectively........ I didn't make it passed the phone call with Youie found them too pushy, who wants to give over credit details just for a quote ,? Smelt a rat for sure...

Reactions: DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I looked at CIL years back on the recommendation of others and found them far more expensive than RACQ who I've used for years but always check prices each year, last year I rolled all my vehicles over to Defence Insurance like my house, which is QBE, not much cheaper but I can pay monthly with no extra charges, saves a $100 ....... Getting tested now with the hail damage so far so good. Big Mal and Colorado around the $600 mark each valued at 38K and 27K respectively........ I didn't make it passed the phone call with Youie found them too pushy, who wants to give over credit details just for a quote ,? Smelt a rat for sure...
Youi were annoying to deal with for my car but sigificantly cheaper. I generally change insurers every renewal

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Youi are not the flavour of the month in the Whitsundays,still cyclone claims outstanding (My mate waited a year to get his roof replaced Youi only acted when he threatened legal action).,here in Yamba they have stopped insuring boats due to supposedly to many claims.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I found that Youi wanted my card details on the quote, I refused and said you send me the quote and I will pay you, they said they must have my details because If I forget to pay the renewal they can keep my policy active, I said I've never forgotten in 40 yrs so they aint getting it, they wouldn't send a quote unless they had my details, so i said get stuffed even though they were $400 cheaper, I later found out folks were getting charged before they even accepted the quote and that the next years renewal could be hundreds of $$ dearer as they prefer Direct Debit so you just let it all happen, well not with this black duck, they are shonky.....