Insurance HELP

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
I have decided to put a vote of thanks against Andreas initial post - because without it we would not have had this web conversation and we would be none the wiser unless we tried out a claim- Thumbs up Andrea and all those who have contacted insurance coys so far to determine coverage and posted their info on here. Since my time in joining I have not seen such a frenzy of replies about a topic both this post and the other related post started at a similar time. Thumbs up to all the people who post and to the whole site altogether because although we are only a hairs breath from making our order if we did not have this site we would not have been so comprehensive in working out our extras and contacting a range of dealers to determine our negotiations! - or even down to working out which insurance coy to go with!

Reactions: Pieter and andrea

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Busy Busy Mum, so many of our friends weren't burnt by their insurance companies in January. About 15% of the homes in our area went under. We have learnt the importance of reading those painful disclosure statements.

On another note.... we are now only 120km from our new baby. Stopping at our parents and leaving the boys with them while we have handover in the morning :)

stormpatrol

Oct 26, 2011
newy/nsw
WELL i rang cil /aami/suncorp /gio/nrma all told me that if the van was locked up they would cover it but not the annexe asked several times about the soft walls at the bed ends , got the same answer van locked and set up no problem ? funny i did not believe them did the ring around late friday 5.30 ish so they may have had prior warning who knows[ what to do now]

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
I have decided to put a vote of thanks against Andreas initial post - because without it we would not have had this web conversation and we would be none the wiser unless we tried out a claim- Thumbs up Andrea and all those who have contacted insurance coys so far to determine coverage and posted their info on here. Since my time in joining I have not seen such a frenzy of replies about a topic both this post and the other related post started at a similar time. Thumbs up to all the people who post and to the whole site altogether because although we are only a hairs breath from making our order if we did not have this site we would not have been so comprehensive in working out our extras and contacting a range of dealers to determine our negotiations! - or even down to working out which insurance coy to go with!
I agree, great site and helped us alot with making choices and decisions on our van.

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
WELL i rang cil /aami/suncorp /gio/nrma all told me that if the van was locked up they would cover it but not the annexe asked several times about the soft walls at the bed ends , got the same answer van locked and set up no problem ? funny i did not believe them did the ring around late friday 5.30 ish so they may have had prior warning who knows[ what to do now]
Stormpatrol,
All I can say is untill thet change it in their PDS it will be a battle to get a claim sorted. I found Suncorp don't mention anything about hard walls, Andrea and I stumbled across the same thing on last week and I calle CIL and Suncorp straight away. CIL just said we don't pay and Suncorp said we pay!! Easy decision for me.