Instant Hot Water

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
We purchased 1 for work but decided against it after seeing it in operation.It is slow and not hot at all and is still set up(from the trial) at Our plumbers shed.Ended up using the Aqueons(240v) which is hot and can get 2 wash basins full of "hot" water(just) before it goes cold.I doubt if You could shower with the Duetto.

Reactions: smwilk

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Ask them if it meets Australian Standards for storage water heaters in Australia. Any storage hws must have a temperature and pressure relief valve, not just an expansion valve plus other safety requirements. I saw a gas instant one at the last show that looked pretty good.

Geoff

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
12volt water heater - Good Luck with that, LOL Personally wouldn't go near it Mate..

I would save an extra $450 and get a suburban gas\electric option put in or alternatively get one of these puppies (link below - and I have no affiliation, just did a search on ebay) - good thing with this is you can use it anywhere you are able to pump water into it and connect it to a gas bottle.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RIO-Gran...732?pt=AU_HotWaterSystems&hash=item4aba499a64

Not as Compact however.

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
We have this one and its one of the best things I own. Two really great features is it has a run time of 1 hour unplugged using an internal battery , and also uses gas mate or Coleman portable bottles, but can run of any log supply. Heats water instantly upto 30 degc over ambient to a max of 52 degc. Got ours for $325 from kangaroo camping green hills nsw.

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/...-Logic-Hot-Water-System.aspx?pid=330051#Cross

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Woodman,

Not sure if I want to use a 12V water heater - would surely kill the batteries in no time!

My daughter is using one of these external LGP instant hot water systems - admittedly for washing the horse!!

They can be mounted to a fixed post/wall or on a portable trolley.

Uses 2 x D Cells to ignite the gas, up to 380 litres per hour of hot water.

Just connects to a 9KG LPG cylinder and a water hose - suggest you have the tap on the cold water/inlet side.

They are currently $299

Country Comfort LPG Water Heater 360 LpH

Cheers,

Rohan

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
I think the. Amp hour usage is less than 5 amps so on a 105 amp hour battery that's 21 hours run time so this gives you approx 250 x 5 min showers that's heaps and surely you have a system to regenerate your battery usage.
size wise its apprix 300 mm square and only weighs 8.2 kg. comes in a smick little carry padded case that carries everything. Can use a portable 1l gas canister or run any size bottle. Little bottles give you over 15+ 5min showers. Complete package is a much tidier and user friendly set up than the one suggested above.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,

Need to compare apples with apples. The Companion (Logic) is Gas heat with electric pump (5 amps); However the Duoetto is electric heat (25 amps) do not know if that includes a pump. This would mean that it will use 5 times more energy, draining it 5 time quicker.

Using Clayton's figures this would mean 4 hours run time, meaning approximately 50 x 5 min showers.

The other issue is that I would not like to run a battery at that level so I would be down rating that by at least 1/2.

I have the external shower option (gas / 240), but if I did not have that I do like the Companion unit but would not go the Duoetto unless I only ran it on 240V.

My thoughts

Reactions: Xpandafan

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks that makes sense. The way I look at it, a family of five free camping in 8 degree nights having a 45 degree hot shower, plugged into my 12 v system for approx 1hr / charging the shower unit back up whilst showering is a great option. Solar panels or honda generator in the morning to regenerate any losses throughout the night All for 325 bucks for a take any where instant hot water unit. PRICE LESS lol just ask them

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Thanks that makes sense. The way I look at it, a family of five free camping in 8 degree nights having a 45 degree hot shower, plugged into my 12 v system for approx 1hr / charging the shower unit back up whilst showering is a great option. Solar panels or honda generator in the morning to regenerate any losses throughout the night All for 325 bucks for a take any where instant hot water unit. PRICE LESS lol just ask them

Can it be connected to a hose water supply or does it draw from a bucket?

Geoff

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
It can be hooked to either with the use of handy quick lock connectors like you see on compressor air fittings