16' Series Insect Screen Fix

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Has anyone here ever had one of their kids poke their fingers through the insect screens on the bed ends? If so what was your fix.

5ofus

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
I was only looking at the screens in the window above the dining table the other day and thinking how easy it would be for kids to do that. I'm hoping mine don't.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A quick fix is put some sticky tape over the tear on one side then put a bit of aquadere on the other side, remove tape after it all dries. Not all that invisible but it is flexible and helps keep the bugs out.

Reactions: bigcol and Delano

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I did say temporary.............besides with these new bed end covers you shouldn't be getting wet. Clear silastic instead of aquadere, now that would do it.
I have a couple of tiny holes in ours and I've been thinking of looking for some really light weight shade cloth type stuff to replace it all, I had a light shade cloth style screens in my camper and it was fantastic, never even looked like getting a hole in it, just haven't come across any so far.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Cut and pâtés a new section in if you dealer is close ask if they have some fly screen to do the job

If they have done a tent section they will have the same flywire

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
A quick fix is put some sticky tape over the tear on one side then put a bit of aquadere on the other side, remove tape after it all dries. Not all that invisible but it is flexible and helps keep the bugs out.
Thanks for the fix idea Drover worked a treat. Think I might leave it like that to as I spoke to a canvas place the other day and they said yes it would be expensive to fix but as she said all you are going to do is put the same stuff back in. Maybe Jayco need to look at using a vinyl mesh or something that is a little bit stronger than what they use now.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm about to do it on mine @Angus as I have a couple of tears appearing, may try another sort of rubberised glue that won't disolve when wet, but the aquadhere has been working around the house for years. Does need heavier duty stuff but be a bugga to pull the canvas all off.