Inner spring matress

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

When ordering our 1649-2 I had or was given...the impression that the bigger bed was at the front. Hence I ordered the inner spring mattress for the front, and a few weeks later signed off on the build.

Have just found out that the larger bed is actually at the back and requested an alteration thinking it would not be too much of an issue as it would not affect the build or the price to switch it across....apparently not, jayco are not willing to change and want to charge $400 odd to have the extra one added ex dealership. A bit disappointed yet I do understand that we did carefully cover off the build plan and sign off.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reactions: Derrick

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
That sounds odd - we collect our 16.49-3OB 3 weeks from today - cost of inner spring mattresses at BOTH ends was $414 total.....

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We picked ours up today and we were told since the hard lid models were introduced, there is only about 1/2 an inch difference between front and back now. (Ours is a 17, but we understood that to be across all models). Apparantly, the early soft top models had a greater variance....

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
We have a 16-49-2 we picked up in July. The front bed is 100mm smaller than the rear bed.

How about putting the inner spring on the rear bed, and have a 50mm gap either side of the bed, then ordering a replacement foam mattress for the front bed?

Jason

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
Good suggestion there from grinner914. But if you want to kick up a stink, then give head office a call in Dandenong.
In my opinion the salesperson has been very slack, because it's fairly obvious that you mistakenly thought the queen was at the front still. This is probably not the first time this has happened this year and the salesman should have double checked that with you (if he was doing his job properly).

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Another option is to see if anyone has an innerspring rear mattress that they would swap with you for the foam or sell to you.

Speaking of which that would be me - When I got ours second hand the person had both the innerspring and the foam for the rear as he originally purchased the innerspring then went for the foam, so hence we now have both.

I am willing to sell the rear innerspring mattress for $200 if you or anyone else wants it. I do however live in Narrabri NSW which for some is quite a hike I know.

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Thanks guys. After expressing my disappointment with Jaycos lack of flexibility in making such a minor change at the time of production I received an email from the dealership that opened with the line "in order to keep your experience a positive one....". Thanks to Page Brothers who are going to make the change themselves at no cost to me, good service like this is why I drive that little bit further to deal with you with the purchase of both of our vans to date. Cheers. Ben

Reactions: Are We There Yet?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
like ben, we too got our 17 from page bros and they too went the extra mile for doing a personal mods for our van at their cost.it was a second experince with a page bros van and service was great.
we too drove out of our way to give them the sale aside from all the other major jayco dealer in melbourne and on the west coast and inland for that matter.
shakedown trip all next week.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
all, the shakedown trip(7th-12th nov), was great, headed out of melb towards west coast 9pm,arrive at park at 1030, pathfinder towed with ease.set up and all were tucked in bed by midnight after a night walk and hot cup of chocolate. got some apssing rain overnight, though nothing compared to the storm the next day (8-11-11), van held out no probs and can tell you for sure the rigious testing jayco do at the factory for rain testing is totally attributed to the storm we went through and not a drop inside.family enjoyed the park and all was relaxing. went the great ocean road and into erskine falls at lorne and even got to torquay to stroll throughthe surf shops for the kids.wife and i got to do some more relaxing watching the kids play in the park with other kids who were travelling through.packied with ease (much different from the swan we had, thats for sure), hooked the bus and off back to melb for the kids weekend sports.
next trip on the planner allready though need to get the kids out of their activities first!!!!!!

Reactions: Are We There Yet?