Independent suspension

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi Bill, Hows things long time no see,

Thanks for adding your link to your pics, the seems from that pic that the rear mount for the spring is different, the camper has a "Slipper" set up the Panda has hanger/shackle bush setup.

No problem - we have been very busy (not with the van unfortunately!) - our daughter married the boy next door in December - our 4 month old granddaughter has had surgery today at Westmead - in recovery now thankfully.
Hope to see you on the road sometime.......

Bill.

ianm67

May 17, 2021
Rouse Hill
Hi all ,

My wife and I have just ordered a expanda outback with normal suspension. We are considering paying an extra $2100 for an upgrade to independent suspension but wanted some feed back from those who have this already. Just wanted to know if anyone recommends the upgrade and was it worth the money. Just considering this now as it realistically wouldn't be something that could be done done the track.

Any feedback from members would be appreciated.
Ps : is it also better on the bitumen while towing???
Yes please send the pics I am thinking of doing the same?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@ianm67 this thread is from 7 years ago so a reply is doubtful, depending on your current suspension set up as to what can be accomplished, I assume its a tourer so modifying the springs to give you an extra 50 to 80mm isn't too hard or expensive job and is something many on here have done to save the vans bum dragging on gutters ............. Start a new thread telling us about your van and tug, along with what sort of camping you are going to do in the way of just parks or off grid, don't forget pics and you will find some great ideas and suggestions put forward, no question is looked at as being dumb and unlike other sites we don't go into ridicule, well not until we are good friends anyway.........

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
I agree with Drover a new thread is due but I will weigh in on it I have a 2017 journey OB with independent suspension (jay-tech)mainly as drover pointed out had enough of the expanda that I had hitting gutters on servos and other places.
I have done all road conditions (not full off road as it it a semi off road) and love off grid locations with no clearance problems not to mention makes under body service and inspection a hole lot easer.

Reactions: Drover