14' Series Increased the table height on the 14.44-4 O/B order

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Looks like a couple of other people have found the table height in the 14.44 series too low - I sure do.

I may have an answer. Jayco Canberra changed my order today to ask for normal table leg to be changed to the 700mm high table leg from the Camper Trailer (normal height is 650mm on the 14.44). After sitting and measuring most of their stock today, we found that its the seat height which is to blame - the seat height is 5cm higher in the 14 series than for example the 18 footer. The guy there reckons it is because the water heater goes under the seat (ie. for the 14 foot model with the bathroom at the back, and orders like mine with the hws and external shower).

Remains to be seen whether they actually do it, and hope it looks and works OK. The table height was the one thing that worried us about the 14.44-4. Hope this helps any one else looking to order this otherwise brilliant model. Thanks Al

Ps. of course while I was there we added more options - the budget is so hopelessly blown it doesn't seem like much difference any more :loco:! Added the bike rack and external light over the shower. Think that's pretty much fully loaded now!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
It's quite interesting the slight variances between models. My father in law has a discovery pop top and vs our 16.49-3, their wall height. Is. 4.5" lower than our expanda. Clearly for the bed ends but still interesting. I hit my head nearly every time exiting their van.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
It's quite interesting the slight variances between models. My father in law has a discovery pop top and vs our 16.49-3, their wall height. Is. 4.5" lower than our expanda. Clearly for the bed ends but still interesting. I hit my head nearly every time exiting their van.

Have you tried ducking? :)

Reactions: mfexpanda

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Our panda is 10 months old had plenty of use, the seat/table is a problem, we were sent the new legs under a warrnty claim to raise it ourselves but not done yet, my bro in law just got his p14.4.4...jayco failed to raise his in table in the factory, make sure you have it written down and measure it at pick up, the factory quality control is poor my dealer was excellent.

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Sure enough, the plan has come to me for approval from Jayco factory (new process) and no mention of the table height.

Spoke to the dealer who said they will ask for the table to be dealer fitted (not factory) to make sure it is right - thanks to Jenny on this forum for the suggestion.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Interesting how the models change. I our 14.44-4 the HWS is under the bottom bunk. I think our seats are lower due to this, therefore the table height is fine.

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Saw the dealer today to sign off the plans. He'd spoken to the factory who reckon they have increased the height to 700 mm now on 14.44 models, but to make sure, I've asked for it not to be fitted (dealer will do it)

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Can confirm that the table height now seems to be right - on mine, and a non outback, non hws, 14.44-4, that came out of the factory 2 days ago, the height is 700mm (previously 650mm). My reasonably ample thighs fit under just fine! Looks like Jayco have got it right now.

luke29ermtb

Feb 15, 2014
We found the same thing on our second hand 14.4.4. The rubber strip around our table is much wider than the table is thick so I cut it to the table thickness with a Stanley knife. That at least gave us a couple of extra centimeters.