20' Series How to turn off 240v Battery Charger

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
I have a 2016 20.64-1 OB and am trying to find where to turn off the 240 volt battery charger, so the battery is just charged from the solar.
On my 2017 18.58-2 the charger was just a ordinary three pin plug that went into the wall socket, but I cant seem to find it on the 20 footer.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
If I recall the solar should be hooked directly to the battery with a seperate controller, the Setek has nothing to do with it, so the simple way would be to just turn the battery switch off so the battery and setek are discoonnected but the solar will still be chugging away to the battery and with 240v plugged in the Setek wil be supplying the 12v power thats required to run your 12v gadgets.

Just found my manual on the thing, looks like you would loose the battery memory info that the drifter compiles and turning it off on the drifter panel just means the load is cut off the battery but the Setek will still trickle charge it which if you have solar plugged in wouldn't really bother it in the big scheme of things.

Last edited:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
You need to find out exactly what power / supply charger you have. In 2016 it would probably be a Setec ST 20 MK III or ST35 MK III. Check inside the fuse door. If it is a MK III, the battery switch does NOT isolate the battery from the Setec. It disconnects the loads and will stop the charger from bulk charging but it will still trickle charge the battery at 0.8A. This may or may not be what you want.

There is no magic with how the Setec get 240V. It will be a noemal appliance lead coming out the back of the unit and going to a power point. You will need to ferret around the nearby cupboards until you find out where it is plugged into a power point..

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Glad that the elusive plug has now been found!

Note that what appears to be a double adapter is a surge protector. Well, at least it is on my 2016 Penguin.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
The great Jayco wiring birds nest, shunt just floating around in the breeze, always a shambles......................... So what sort of situation are you in that you just want solar to charge the battery but don't need 12v for your lights etc ???? Be easier just to not connect the 240 lead in the first place, then your Setek isn't loosing its data, monitors your battery and the solar will charge away ............... anyway just putting an on/off switch between Setek and battery will disconnect the 2 .....