No Options Apply How to store the expanda

Gamble

Dec 11, 2018
Queensland
Hey guys,

Need some recommendations in regards to storing my expanda...we are travelling ATM through queensland and planning to store the van next week for a month to fly back to Victoria. The storage doesn’t offer undercover protection. The whole week is suppose to be very wet and a cyclone is on the way as well. A little uncertain as what to do. Should we fold everything in (beds/awning and roof) which will be wet and hope it doesn’t get mouldy or would you keep it out folded (beds/roof) for the month and keep it vulnerable to wind, rain and storm.?

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

Gamble

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What's the general area of the storage ???
SEQ or north .
I wouldn't like to leave bed ends out or roof up no matter what the weather........if up NQ storing wet for a month, it won't be nice when you get back.....truly a dilemma.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
There is no easy answer to your question.
Personally I'd dry it off as best I could by hand and close it up then be prepared to deal with the mould when the time comes.
If its open and gets hit by cyclonic rains then the heartaches could be huge.

Upon reflection what I'd actually do is hook it up and head south for 8-10hrs non-stop out of range of bad weather. Lived in the Pilbara region of WA for a few years and have seen firsthand what a cyclone can do to a van, not pretty. Realise that this may be a big inconvenience but it may be the safest option.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: KECL