How to install a 12 volt water pump.

Woodman

Oct 10, 2012
Cairns, QLD
Hi all, new to the caravan world, just bought a 2009 OB 16.49.1.

We have used it once and love it so far, how ever it does not have a 12 volt pump for the sink, only a hand pump and mixer for mains pressure.

Has anyone installed one or know how to install one a 12 volt pump, using the current mixer.

If you have any images of installed pumps either factory fitted or otherwise that would be great, to give me some ideas on where to install and pipe layout.

Happy caravaning, Cheers the Woodman's.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome to the forum woodman.
Do a search on the forum for pump and have a look through the threads for some of the pics. You should be able to get some ideas from those hopefully.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
I put an extra pump in to a filtered tap on the sink as we have one tank for drinking only and two for showering and washing, pictures below.

Christian

image0001.jpg image0002.jpg image0003.jpg image0004.jpg

image0006.jpg image0007.jpg

Woodman

Oct 10, 2012
Cairns, QLD
Cheers Guys, thinking and looking at your pics Stomper, I should be able to tee into mains line, and run pump from tank to mixer, was also going to plum in a non return into the main line to stop water being pumped down main line when only on tank water. hopefully the 12 volt pump has a non return built in. And also have a tee piece for the hand pump when battery dies.

Holding thumbs all works out.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hi woodman
If you don't have hot water in your van you can use the hot water side of your mixer tap for the pump driven water. That's the way i did it in ours and it works really well. Turn the tap to cold for mains water turn to hot for tank water and you still have the hand pump if needed.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Cheers Guys, thinking and looking at your pics Stomper, I should be able to tee into mains line, and run pump from tank to mixer, was also going to plum in a non return into the main line to stop water being pumped down main line when only on tank water. hopefully the 12 volt pump has a non return built in. And also have a tee piece for the hand pump when battery dies.

Holding thumbs all works out.

Our pump has a one way valve and I think they all do so you should be fine