17' Series How much??

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
I got my 17.56-1 for just under $43g with about $6-7g of extras including show extra. I pick it up in three weeks. These are the extras:

Reich caravan mover
Alpine Annex Walls
Sunshade annexe
Annex flooring
Bed end waterproof covers
Extra gas bottle/fitting
Underslung axels
Gas bayonet
Extended towbar
Battery, solar panels, regulator
Hotwater unit
External Shower
Wine guard antenna
Drifter control panel
Extra water tank
Anderson plug to battery

It's crazy the amount of standard items different between the 1 & 2.

That caravan mover is a great idea too, why did you get the axles underslung, would make for a pretty tall van?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

That caravan mover is a great idea too, why did you get the axles underslung, would make for a pretty tall van?

Btw you can't have the caravan movers on the outbacks. The JTech suspension is not suitable, least for now.

Reactions: Simon

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne

I think the gas bottle, hotwater, and water tank is the only difference re difference in standard items between 1 & 2 with the obvious exceptions. Been a while since I compared though.

My van is a touring version, OB model was too tall to fit under carport by 200mm. I underslung the axle to get a little more height to stop the van bottoming out, was told it adds 100mm, but total height fits under the carport. I hired a 16.49 touring once as a try out and it bottomed out really easily over very minor bumps, but good van otherwise.

As for the mover, @achjimmy is right, only on leaf sprung axle touring models. I thought I'd give it a go given it was included in the price. My driveway is narrow and challenging to reverse into. I am hoping this makes life easier with less arguing with the misses about who's left or right, which should make being married more pleasurable and owning a longer van more enjoyable!

I'll let everyone know how I go once I give it a try, fingers crossed it lives up to expectation otherwise I might be the talk of the street for the wrong reasons!

Reactions: jacbaz

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
I think the gas bottle, hotwater, and water tank is the only difference re difference in standard items between 1 & 2 with the obvious exceptions. Been a while since I compared though.

My van is a touring version, OB model was too tall to fit under carport by 200mm. I underslung the axle to get a little more height to stop the van bottoming out, was told it adds 100mm, but total height fits under the carport. I hired a 16.49 touring once as a try out and it bottomed out really easily over very minor bumps, but good van otherwise.

As for the mover, @achjimmy is right, only on leaf sprung axle touring models. I thought I'd give it a go given it was included in the price. My driveway is narrow and challenging to reverse into. I am hoping this makes life easier with less arguing with the misses about who's left or right, which should make being married more pleasurable and owning a longer van more enjoyable!

I'll let everyone know how I go once I give it a try, fingers crossed it lives up to expectation otherwise I might be the talk of the street for the wrong reasons!
The bayonet, battery n solar are also standard.

That's makes more sense with the touring model now regarding the axle.

Watched the YouTube video on the Reich. Fantastic looking product.

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
The bayonet, battery n solar are also standard.

That's makes more sense with the touring model now regarding the axle.

Watched the YouTube video on the Reich. Fantastic looking product.

I think your confusing the standard items difference between the Touring and Outback models. In both OB models those things are included, but in both touring models either standard and shower models they only provide the wiring ready for solar provison. The solar pack was part of the March caravan show special, along with the sun shade annexe and flooring.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I think your confusing the standard items difference between the Touring and Outback models. In both OB models those things are included, but in both touring models either standard and shower models they only provide the wiring ready for solar provison. The solar pack was part of the March caravan show special, along with the sun shade annexe and flooring.
I got mine at that show I agree and tv antenna

Jul 4, 2014
Engadine
We got the OB 17.56.2 from the sydney show. $47,000. With what seems like the last of the Kakadu annex walls. Drifter control, basic upgrades. But yes. Shop around. Was quoted $52 plus from another dealer minus upgrades.

Siera

Oct 2, 2014
Country Vic
Ok the deal has been done. We Have bit the bullet and ordered. We went with the 17.56.2 OB with extras being Bend ends ext shower & Table and a couple of others i cant think of. What is everyones thoughts on Anderson plug do we need to get it done when ordering or can i get my Auto elec to do it at a letter date.

Reactions: Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Congrats @Siera
Either/or regarding the anderson plug. Probably easier to get it fitted when ordering but saying that we got the dealer to fit ours prior to pickup.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ok the deal has been done. We Have bit the bullet and ordered. We went with the 17.56.2 OB with extras being Bend ends ext shower & Table and a couple of others i cant think of. What is everyones thoughts on Anderson plug do we need to get it done when ordering or can i get my Auto elec to do it at a letter date.
do u really need one its all done through the 12 pin plug ????????? I don't have one

Reactions: dagree

Siera

Oct 2, 2014
Country Vic
thanks guys. I think i will get them to do it. I would be assuming the cost would not be that great as it is only a cable they are running. I have to get a break system for the Prado anyway so running 2 lots of wires should be easy.
Thank

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The wires come prefitted in the van to the 12 pin plug. Just a case of removing from the 12 pin plug and wiring into the anderson plug.

And plenty of room under the foot step covers and rear side panels in the Prado to run plenty of (and larger) cables :)

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
I'd get the Anderson Plug fitted if you can afford it, I'd also spend some coin on a battery isolator as well. It will save you a battery one day! Also get Jayco to run the Anderson straight to the battery. You can still run the 12pin to the fridge.

Reactions: dagree