how fold soft top bed ends easily, 2nd hand buyer needs help!

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
PLease help, I just bought a 2005 soft lid 16.49.3 expanda and opened it up in minutes to clean and put my things in but cant work out how to fold up the bed ends easily. I have been at it all day but cant work it out, I must be doing something wrong!

I have folded the foam matress on the two folds and put the bar under the larger fold and strapped it but seem to be slightly out to pack it up/ I have tried moving the mattress from exactly on the hinge to slightly over the hinge but cant quite get it to fit. Inititally I tried with beds made, then took, doonas off. I got one end to fold up but not the other which had a overlay on it.

Do the beds need to be stripped bare to pack away or is there a trick I am missing. I am so looking forward to going away in it but cant pack it up at home let alone at a camp ground. ALSO IS THIS NORMALY A 1 OR 2 PERSON JOB AS WAS DOING ALONE!

Please provide all tips to make this easier

thanks to anyone who can help

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi there, should be easy to pack it up? Not sure whats happening for you, i have a 2012 model which folds up differently but someone will have an answer for you without a doubt! Oh welcome to the forum too.

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

I hope someone can help, I am obviously doing something wrong....all help is welcome

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Have you got the mattress folded and tied so it is at the outer side of the bed. Remove the roof pole, it should just fold in, but mine also is a 2012, but it folds in in seconds.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The older soft ends fold exactly the same as hardlids just there is no hardlid. As other have said bundle the mattress tight push OT back slightly and lift up tucking in the protruding bits. Perhaps if it's not happening trying stripping the bed.

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Hi,try folding the frame down after pulling the rod out, lift up base tuck in one side then the other we also put a clip in the holding bracket saves over tighten it.
hey welcome to the site. yes you have to remove the bedding ,

shiraz

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks

Have you got the mattress folded and tied so it is at the outer side of the bed. Remove the roof pole, it should just fold in, but mine also is a 2012, but it folds in in seconds.

Hi Thanks for your reply,

So you fold the skinny bit and the fat bit of the mattress on the folds, strap it tight without any bedding, the mattress should be towards the end of the bed (I had it on the hinge or just over it). I'll try to push it in a little more this time.

Thanks again

pmdorney1

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks for your reply, I had strapped the frame with the mattress (just under the fat fold in the mattress) and had the edge of the mattress on the hinge. I'll try again this morning!