How did you come to choose your Username?

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
is the first letter of all our names. Wife, mine and kids *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* from oldest to youngest.

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
Use to be a beer manufacturer back in the day - Reddog Brewing
6b47_1.jpg

There moto was "Be your own own dog" (don't follow the crowd). I tend to do my own thing at times and friends would always ask whether I was doing something the others were or 'Red doging' It.

Hence the name Reddog

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Use to be a beer manufacturer back in the day - Reddog Brewing
View attachment 36475

There moto was "Be your own own dog" (don't follow the crowd). I tend to do my own thing at times and friends would always ask whether I was doing something the others were or 'Red doging' It.

Hence the name Reddog
Could use that as your avatar (unless of course you don't own the copyright)

Last edited:

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
Well my first name is Samuel and last names starts with D and I was too lazy to think up a funny username.

Actually the only person who calls me Sammy d is the wife when she is cranky with me, otherwise I just get Sam or sambo or my personal favourite Sammy trailer which was given to me by my brother inlaw ;-)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Like the name change.

Our style of travel as well though we did actually book where we are now.
Conditions dictated need for power....for sickly fridge and for sweltering travellers in 38deg heat.

Must be getting wimpish but appreciate the air conditioning ....laziness is catching.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Well my first name is Samuel and last names starts with D and I was too lazy to think up a funny username.

Actually the only person who calls me Sammy d is the wife when she is cranky with me, otherwise I just get Sam or sambo or my personal favourite Sammy trailer which was given to me by my brother inlaw ;-)
Self chosen Forum nicknames are one thing but work given ones are altogether another. Had many in my time, and a couple of unrepeatable ones, and probably more that people were not willing to say to my face but my last popular one was Grumpy. I had no problems with that as some things that I had to do weren't popular but anyway it was well earned and practiced. For a while I had a screenshot of a Komodo Dragon as my work computer back drop and a scrolling message when timed out of "C'mon George, Tatts me out of here". With the picture it was commented on that it fitted my personality and a Boss once got upset at the message as an attitude problem. Too many people lack a sense of humour and delusions of self importance.

Reactions: peterg and dagree

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Love this thread! It's a great idea!

I've been using "The escapist" for a few years on fishing forums. As fishing, for me, was an escape from work, the wife and the (young at the time) kids. I was always looking forward to my next escape.

I still look forward to fishing whenever I can. Only now I get to take both my boys (no longer babies, now 11 and 13!). So while fishing may not be the escape anymore, now the family escapes together in the van!

I still get my solo escapes in on the bike, just much more rare and very treasured when I do!

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Terry here, everyone calls me Tezza (or worse) born in 1962, so Tezza 62 it is ;)

Very interesting topic!! I have big feet and in the Army, my comrades used to comment that I was wearing the boxes that the boots came in, so everybody who knew me called me "Boots" even to this day. As someone (a former member?) had already used just "Boots", I had to add on a bit of flair as I always seem to be "In Action" somewhere on this forum. Hence @Boots in Action appeared for better or worse!